Healthy Moms

bhwrn1
Moluscum
by bhwrn1
January 14, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Anyone's children have this? My youngest had a few, they went away. My middle has it under his left arm pit and now it looks like it's spread, almost to a rash. Doc said it's viral, back when he saw it in November, and it can take up to 18 months to go way, so I was waiting it out. But it seems to be spreading. I think I'm going to take him back to the doc. He has some eczema issues during allergy season, so I have some cream I am putting on this to keep the itching down, but I'm not sure what else to do. Ideas? anyone with experience?

Replies

• mypbandj
    Jen
    January 14, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    I never heard of it so I googled it. It says its caused by a virus and therefore spreads easily. I would go to a dermatologist if it were me. My dd had warts on her hands as a young child. They just got worse and worse and sometimes they'd even bleed! My ped did nothing to help us until they started spreading to her face and I freaked out. We finally got sent to a dermatologist who took care of it. She was wart free within a few weeks and they have never come back!
  • darbyakeep45
    January 14, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I've never heard of them to be honest...hugs mama!

• cleanaturalady
    January 14, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I never have heard of them either, but if it's contagious and spreads easily, I would see if there was ntything I could do to keep it under control. 

Quoting mypbandj:

I never heard of it so I googled it. It says its caused by a virus and therefore spreads easily. I would go to a dermatologist if it were me. My dd had warts on her hands as a young child. They just got worse and worse and sometimes they'd even bleed! My ped did nothing to help us until they started spreading to her face and I freaked out. We finally got sent to a dermatologist who took care of it. She was wart free within a few weeks and they have never come back!

• mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    January 14, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Hi, I found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/search/?mode=standard&search=Molluscum+Treatment&utm_source=searchpagebottom

Quoting bhwrn1:

Anyone's children have this? My youngest had a few, they went away. My middle has it under his left arm pit and now it looks like it's spread, almost to a rash. Doc said it's viral, back when he saw it in November, and it can take up to 18 months to go way, so I was waiting it out. But it seems to be spreading. I think I'm going to take him back to the doc. He has some eczema issues during allergy season, so I have some cream I am putting on this to keep the itching down, but I'm not sure what else to do. Ideas? anyone with experience?

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts