bhwrn1
Moluscum
by bhwrn1
January 14, 2013 at 5:57 AM

Anyone's children have this? My youngest had a few, they went away. My middle has it under his left arm pit and now it looks like it's spread, almost to a rash. Doc said it's viral, back when he saw it in November, and it can take up to 18 months to go way, so I was waiting it out. But it seems to be spreading. I think I'm going to take him back to the doc. He has some eczema issues during allergy season, so I have some cream I am putting on this to keep the itching down, but I'm not sure what else to do. Ideas? anyone with experience?

Replies

• mypbandj
    Jen
    January 14, 2013 at 9:03 AM
    I never heard of it so I googled it. It says its caused by a virus and therefore spreads easily. I would go to a dermatologist if it were me. My dd had warts on her hands as a young child. They just got worse and worse and sometimes they'd even bleed! My ped did nothing to help us until they started spreading to her face and I freaked out. We finally got sent to a dermatologist who took care of it. She was wart free within a few weeks and they have never come back!
  • darbyakeep45
    January 14, 2013 at 2:17 PM

I've never heard of them to be honest...hugs mama!

• cleanaturalady
    Kim
    January 14, 2013 at 2:35 PM

I never have heard of them either, but if it's contagious and spreads easily, I would see if there was ntything I could do to keep it under control. 

Quoting mypbandj:

I never heard of it so I googled it. It says its caused by a virus and therefore spreads easily. I would go to a dermatologist if it were me. My dd had warts on her hands as a young child. They just got worse and worse and sometimes they'd even bleed! My ped did nothing to help us until they started spreading to her face and I freaked out. We finally got sent to a dermatologist who took care of it. She was wart free within a few weeks and they have never come back!

• mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    January 14, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Hi, I found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/search/?mode=standard&search=Molluscum+Treatment&utm_source=searchpagebottom

Quoting bhwrn1:

Anyone's children have this? My youngest had a few, they went away. My middle has it under his left arm pit and now it looks like it's spread, almost to a rash. Doc said it's viral, back when he saw it in November, and it can take up to 18 months to go way, so I was waiting it out. But it seems to be spreading. I think I'm going to take him back to the doc. He has some eczema issues during allergy season, so I have some cream I am putting on this to keep the itching down, but I'm not sure what else to do. Ideas? anyone with experience?