Healthy Moms

trinitysmama33
feeling hungry still after eating
January 11, 2013 at 2:36 PM

I have tryed a few different times since I had my DD in March 2012.  But after a few days I would give up.  Since New Year's I have decided to try a different way of doing this.  I started out trying to remember to my multi-vitamin/iron everyday and the same time.  After about a week and a hlaf of doing that I thought it was time to start with my eating habits.  I have done the whole "losing weight" stuff since I was in the 7th grade (14 years old) and now I'm 22 years old and I really want to get health, lose the weight, tone, and make the lifestyle change for my DD and my family and myself.  The only problem is I keep feeling hungry like 20-30 mins after I have just got done eating.  I have cut back on how much I eat at one time and started following the serving sizes on the things I eat.  I starting trying to eat every 2-3 hours sometimes 4 hours if I forget or get too busy with my DD because I am a stay at home mom.  Does anyone have any ideas for me to try or anything?

Replies

• mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    January 11, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Welcome. Are you drinking enough water? Sometimes we mistake hunger for thirst. I found this:

http://nutrition.about.com/library/blwatercalculator.htm

Quoting trinitysmama33:

I have tryed a few different times since I had my DD in March 2012.  But after a few days I would give up.  Since New Year's I have decided to try a different way of doing this.  I started out trying to remember to my multi-vitamin/iron everyday and the same time.  After about a week and a hlaf of doing that I thought it was time to start with my eating habits.  I have done the whole "losing weight" stuff since I was in the 7th grade (14 years old) and now I'm 22 years old and I really want to get health, lose the weight, tone, and make the lifestyle change for my DD and my family and myself.  The only problem is I keep feeling hungry like 20-30 mins after I have just got done eating.  I have cut back on how much I eat at one time and started following the serving sizes on the things I eat.  I starting trying to eat every 2-3 hours sometimes 4 hours if I forget or get too busy with my DD because I am a stay at home mom.  Does anyone have any ideas for me to try or anything?

• SeventiesChild
    January 11, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Eat only REAL, WHOLE foods. Foods closest to how they are found in nature. When we eat processed foods, our bodies KNOW something is missing and your stomach sends the hungry signal.  Read labels. Eat nothing that isnt REAL FOOD. 

Educate yourself: watch foodmatters, the documentary movie about taking back your health. Read Hungry for Change, any book by Mark Hyman...he puts nutritonal knowledge in simple terms.

• cmorris1200
    January 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I agree with the previous poster about thirst and eating whole.     There is a saying " if it was made in  plant don't eat it.  If it come from a plant eat it."

• e-doolittle
    January 13, 2013 at 12:51 PM

The timing of your meals sounds good.  I'd start looking at the composition of the meals. Are you getting enough protein and "good" fats?  

Also it could be you are thirsty.  Are you getting enough water?

• trinitysmama33
    January 13, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I drink like 4 or more 16-20 oz bottles of water a day

• MamaMandee
    January 13, 2013 at 3:50 PM

You have gotten some good advice :)

• cleanaturalady
    January 13, 2013 at 9:08 PM

That's good.  Keep that up.  You might also try distracting yourself for 15 to 20 minutes when you get an urge to eat.  Usually the craving will go away after that length of time.  Also try chewing gum, brushing your teeth or eating mints.  This will often take away the urge to eat.  Good luck. 

Quoting trinitysmama33:

I drink like 4 or more 16-20 oz bottles of water a day

• Krysden
    by Krysden
    January 13, 2013 at 11:00 PM

You are good on water... it may not be how much you are eating, but rather what you are eating.  Protein and fiber are good filling things.   Try to be sure you are getting enough sleep, and if you are honestly hungry then eat something.   Just make it a healthy snack like baby carrots, a banana, apple, handful of nuts, boiled egg, etc...

Oh and something that's helping me with my weight loss is sparkpeople.com  Good Luck

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts