Healthy Moms

EthansMomma2010
New Year Goals?
December 31, 2012 at 7:34 PM

This year I am simplifying my life in every possible way.

1) i already use a lot of cloth products (diapers, momma cloth, cloth wipes for everyone) but I want to fully switch over.

2) Focus on making easy, delicious meals at home rather than being so caught up in how healthy or organic they are. I always get caught up in making them "perfect" and then I get burnt out and quit. I got a costco membership today and I stocked up on lean ground beaf and chicken breast and plan to just make a bunch of meals with that.

3) Keep my workouts reasonable. I need to accept that I have health issues that restrict my workout. I'm never going to be able to run marathons or meet military standards like my dh. So here's to walking the dog, getting on the eliptical, and line dancing in my living room :)

4) declutter my house. If I don't use it, then it needs to go. While having the money would be awesome if I sold it all, the most important thing is to get rid of it!!

5) Get spiritual. I go to church and all, but I'm going to work on owning my faith in a way that's comfortable for me.

So who's with me? I would love to have everyone check in on this once a month. That way it isn't just something we stop doing in February. You can agree to all or some or add your own stuff. :)

Replies

• darbyakeep45
    December 31, 2012 at 7:55 PM

Great goals mama!  Thanks for sharing:)  My goals are to focus more on the way I feel instead of numbers, but to stay healthy and active as best as I can.  I do have a goal to run 1000 miles this year too...2012 I logged about 750 miles so I'm aiming for a bit more for this coming year:)

• LisaSmock
    December 31, 2012 at 8:07 PM
    my life needs a make over. I need to get healthy. My w8 is out of control. My house needs a make over
  • twyliatepeka
    December 31, 2012 at 8:45 PM
    I think I add a new one or chafe one everytime I answer one of these posts.

I am going to lose weight.
    change several things around my house.
    spend more time playing with my youngest. I spend time with her but not really playing like I think she would like.

• mypbandj
    Jen
    December 31, 2012 at 11:24 PM
    I don't really make any to be honest.
  • reneawesley
    December 31, 2012 at 11:30 PM

Organize my home and declutter

increase my workouts

• mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    January 1, 2013 at 4:05 PM

These are great goals!

• EthansMomma2010
    January 2, 2013 at 12:19 AM

i need to focus on my little too. ge us hyst getting to the age where he can play with someone so i need to get on the floor and play!

Quoting twyliatepeka:

spend more time playing with my youngest. I spend time with her but not really playing like I think she would like.

• bhwrn1
    by bhwrn1
    January 2, 2013 at 5:56 AM

I'm not sure. I think I want to take a martial arts class for myself, not sure what yet. And I have a reading goal of 150 books. We'll see. I also want to figure out how to make money on my blog.

• SabrinaLC
    January 2, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Those are great goals you've set for yourself!

As for me, I plan to keep doing what I'm doing.  I'll continue with my healthy vegan diet, continue my workouts 6-7 days a week.   My house has built up clutter over the past few months but for the most part I'm organized, just need a little clean up.

• twyliatepeka
    January 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM
    Mine is 5 so she wants to jump rope & run & play outdoors all the time. She loves the trampoline but I can't get on with her.
    I feel like a bad mom because I am overweight.

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

i need to focus on my little too. ge us hyst getting to the age where he can play with someone so i need to get on the floor and play!

Quoting twyliatepeka:

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN