Healthy Moms

Cafe AmyS
Did you try any of these most googled diets of 2012?
December 13, 2012 at 1:20 PM

I saw this in The Stir - Did you try one of these diets?  Did it work?

Most Googled Diets of 2012: Do Any of Them Even Work?

Posted by Jacqueline Burt on December 12, 2012 

raspberriesAnother year, another list of Most Googled Diets to analyze. Although a quick glance at the line-up for 2012 makes me wonder if maybe we should be analyzing a list of Most Googled Magic Weight Loss Bullets: Either we're a bunch of lazy schlumps or seriously cockeyed optimists, because guess what? The easiest-sounding diets got the most searches! (Color me shocked.)

Seriously, no wonder we're in the middle of an obesity epidemic. I was so taken aback by which regime got ranked 2012's #1 Most Googled Diet, I literally quadruple-checked my sources. (And then I checked again.)

I know, I know: Well, what is it?! When are you gonna tell us?? Relax, you'll find out which diets were in the Top 5 after the jump, plus whether or not they're worth your search engine's time. Just prepare to be surprised ...

Ready? Here they are, the Top 5 Most Googled Diets of 2012:

1. The Michael Phelps Diet

Number #1, really?! Okay, so while training for Beijing, Olympic gold medal-winning swimmer Michael Phelps consumed 12,000 calories a day -- but he's an Olympic gold medal-winning swimmer!! I don't care how much time you spend at the gym, the average person can NOT burn that off.

Is it a diet try-it? NO.

2. Beyond Diet

Otherwise known as the gluten-free regime Miley Cyrus credits for her washboard abs, the concept is that by eating foods with a low glycemic index, one can avoid the foods that cause a spike in glucose levels (which releases insulin, which packs on the pounds).

Is it a diet try-it? Maybe. Give it a shot, probably won't hurt.

3. The Raspberry Ketone Diet

I love Dr. Mehmet Oz, and I want to believe his claim about raspberry ketones being the “#1 miracle in a bottle for burning your fat." The ketones are supposed to boost levels of a fat-blasting hormone; so far, this seems to work for mice ... but no actual studies have been conducted on humans yet.

Is it a diet try-it? As with going gluten-free, this probably won't hurt. So sure, why not? Just don't expect miracles.

4. PINK Method Diet

P.I.N.K. stands for Power, Intensity, Nutrition and cardio (with a K, because, well, otherwise that would just look dumb). It's basically a traditional healthy eating/exercise plan mapped out in extreme detail and tons of promotional incentives; also, Dr. Phil is a fan.

Is it a diet try-it? Yes (but you can probably figure out the same strategies on your own).

5. The Adriana Lima Diet

Come on, seriously? Model Adriana Lima had to drop 40 pounds for a Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show just 6 weeks after giving birth, so she restricts herself to protein shakes and water -- NO SOLIDS -- for nine days before the big show (12 hours before the show she stops drinking altogether). How is this a "diet," exactly?

Is it a diet try-it? Hell no.'

Did you Google any of these diets in 2012? Did you try any of them?

Replies

• pattya925
    December 13, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Nope... Not a fan of "die-ting" per se... just try to make healthier choices.

• BelindaDuvessa
    December 13, 2012 at 1:49 PM

I've never even heard of these diets.....

• CoolMommyofboys
    December 13, 2012 at 1:51 PM
    No but we've been on the south beach diet since June - it's a life style change really I wouldn't really call it a diet
  • darbyakeep45
    December 13, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Nope, I don't do "diets".

• Stefanie83
    December 13, 2012 at 4:25 PM

LOL I'd like to try the Michael Phelps diet and bulk up some muscles!!!!  ;)

• musicpisces
    December 13, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I probably would have benefitted from the Michael Phelps diet when I was at the peak of my running!  LOL

I have stayed away from all these. 

• mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    December 13, 2012 at 10:19 PM

No, never Googled a diet, lol.

• bhwrn1
    by bhwrn1
    December 14, 2012 at 5:47 AM

Not I

• SabrinaLC
    December 14, 2012 at 8:54 AM

Nope.

I don't diet.

• jerzeetomato
    December 14, 2012 at 9:53 AM

I just follow Sparkpeople.  Solid nutrition principles and consistent exercise - basically common sense.  I don't need a VS body, just want to be comfortable in my own,. ;)

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts