Alyson121
Raw Cacao Bars (sweets for the teeth)
December 11, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Raw Cacao Bars w/ Almonds and Currants

Posted by on Sep 16, 2012

Got a sweet tooth? Try this recipe out for a chocolate fix. Its so fast and easy a child could make it. Reminds me of a goober. Blend all ingredients then keep refrigerated until served.

INGREDIENTS
½ cup coconut oil liquified
½ cup cacao powder
⅓ to ½ cup agave
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
½ cup crushed almonds, coconut and/or raisins

Instructions: 
Combine all ingredients in a blender.
Remove liquid from blender and stir in nuts or coconut or raisins
Spread in the bottom of a small baking pan or cookie sheet.
Freeze for 10 – 15 minutes

Replies

• musicpisces
    December 11, 2012 at 11:24 PM
    Sounds delectable! I'll have to figure out a sub for the agave- the stuff is even more processed than sugar, and I don't care forthe taste. Maybe maple syrup?
  • chrisnjoesmom
    December 11, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Yeah I hear that agave is total junk so I would have to use something else for that.  Do you know the nutritional info for these?  They look delicious.

• reneawesley
    December 12, 2012 at 12:32 AM

Sound good

• mypbandj
    Jen
    December 12, 2012 at 12:34 AM
    Once I bought some cacao chips to add to a recipe and I was eating them out of the bag. I got so sick (ate too many!) and now I am afraid to taste them again. LOL
  • mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    December 12, 2012 at 1:51 AM

OMGosh... I want some NOW! LOL!

• Alyson121
    December 12, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Yeah i'm going to sub in some maple syrup too when i make them

Quoting musicpisces:

Sounds delectable! I'll have to figure out a sub for the agave- the stuff is even more processed than sugar, and I don't care forthe taste. Maybe maple syrup?

• Alyson121
    December 12, 2012 at 2:24 AM

No i don't.  You could probably look up each of the ingredients and kinda put together some nutritional info.

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Yeah I hear that agave is total junk so I would have to use something else for that.  Do you know the nutritional info for these?  They look delicious.

• Alyson121
    December 12, 2012 at 2:25 AM

aawwww . . . . I could never eat raw cacao chips because they were always too hard, like little rocks.

Quoting mypbandj:

Once I bought some cacao chips to add to a recipe and I was eating them out of the bag. I got so sick (ate too many!) and now I am afraid to taste them again. LOL

• Alyson121
    December 12, 2012 at 2:26 AM

I know right?  I was tempted to make some today but was  feeling lazy.

Quoting mp3mom:

OMGosh... I want some NOW! LOL!

• musicpisces
    December 12, 2012 at 3:52 AM

I entered the recipe in on MFP, and the whole recipe is about 1800 calories (using 1/3 cup maple syrup).  I don't know how many servings it is, but I am SO making this tomorrow, so I might know better soon!

Quoting chrisnjoesmom: