Healthy Moms

Alyson121
Raw Cacao Bars (sweets for the teeth)
December 11, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Raw Cacao Bars w/ Almonds and Currants

Posted by on Sep 16, 2012

Got a sweet tooth? Try this recipe out for a chocolate fix. Its so fast and easy a child could make it. Reminds me of a goober. Blend all ingredients then keep refrigerated until served.

INGREDIENTS
½ cup coconut oil liquified
½ cup cacao powder
⅓ to ½ cup agave
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
½ cup crushed almonds, coconut and/or raisins

Instructions: 
Combine all ingredients in a blender.
Remove liquid from blender and stir in nuts or coconut or raisins
Spread in the bottom of a small baking pan or cookie sheet.
Freeze for 10 – 15 minutes

Replies

• darbyakeep45
    December 12, 2012 at 5:25 AM

Looks delicious!  Thanks for sharing!

• SabrinaLC
    December 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Thanks for sharing.  Dh has the biggest sweet tooth!  We should try this!

• Krysden
    by Krysden
    December 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM

those look so yummy

• Alyson121
    December 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM

oohhh let us know it turns out.  I was thinking about making some over the week-end.

Quoting musicpisces:

I entered the recipe in on MFP, and the whole recipe is about 1800 calories (using 1/3 cup maple syrup).  I don't know how many servings it is, but I am SO making this tomorrow, so I might know better soon!

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Yeah I hear that agave is total junk so I would have to use something else for that.  Do you know the nutritional info for these?  They look delicious.

• Alyson121
    December 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM

They do look yummy!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Looks delicious!  Thanks for sharing!

• musicpisces
    December 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I just made them.  The coconut oil separates a bit, which doesn't bother me, but that's what I saw.  I don't know that I froze them long enough (25 minutes), but they kind of curl as I pried them out of the pan.  They taste amazing!  I used half honey and half maple syrup, and I think using either one is all good.  I used shredded coconut and chopped almonds.  Pretty tasty!  Good treat when you need a chocolate fix, and you can get in some healthy fats.

Oh, and it made 8 bars the way I cut it up.  I spread it in an 8x8 pan, but something smaller would likely work better.

Quoting Alyson121:

oohhh let us know it turns out.  I was thinking about making some over the week-end.

Quoting musicpisces:

I entered the recipe in on MFP, and the whole recipe is about 1800 calories (using 1/3 cup maple syrup).  I don't know how many servings it is, but I am SO making this tomorrow, so I might know better soon!

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Yeah I hear that agave is total junk so I would have to use something else for that.  Do you know the nutritional info for these?  They look delicious.

• Ps2512
    by Ps2512
    December 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM
    Mmmm
  • Alyson121
    December 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM

You don't mess around when it comes to testing recipes.  LOL.  That's great.  Now i can't wait to try them this week-end. 

Quoting musicpisces:

I just made them.  The coconut oil separates a bit, which doesn't bother me, but that's what I saw.  I don't know that I froze them long enough (25 minutes), but they kind of curl as I pried them out of the pan.  They taste amazing!  I used half honey and half maple syrup, and I think using either one is all good.  I used shredded coconut and chopped almonds.  Pretty tasty!  Good treat when you need a chocolate fix, and you can get in some healthy fats.

Oh, and it made 8 bars the way I cut it up.  I spread it in an 8x8 pan, but something smaller would likely work better.

Quoting Alyson121:

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

• cleanaturalady
    December 13, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Looks good.  I've never used cacao powder before. 

• Alyson121
    December 13, 2012 at 4:05 PM

They do look yummy.  Raw cacao powder is just unprocessed chocolate powder.

Quoting cleanaturalady:

Looks good.  I've never used cacao powder before. 

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN