Alyson121
Raw Cacao Bars (sweets for the teeth)
December 11, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Raw Cacao Bars w/ Almonds and Currants

Posted by on Sep 16, 2012

Got a sweet tooth? Try this recipe out for a chocolate fix. Its so fast and easy a child could make it. Reminds me of a goober. Blend all ingredients then keep refrigerated until served.

INGREDIENTS
½ cup coconut oil liquified
½ cup cacao powder
⅓ to ½ cup agave
1 tsp vanilla extract
pinch of salt
½ cup crushed almonds, coconut and/or raisins

Instructions: 
Combine all ingredients in a blender.
Remove liquid from blender and stir in nuts or coconut or raisins
Spread in the bottom of a small baking pan or cookie sheet.
Freeze for 10 – 15 minutes

Replies

• darbyakeep45
    December 12, 2012 at 5:25 AM

Looks delicious!  Thanks for sharing!

• SabrinaLC
    December 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Thanks for sharing.  Dh has the biggest sweet tooth!  We should try this!

• Krysden
    by Krysden
    December 12, 2012 at 9:55 AM

those look so yummy

• Alyson121
    December 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM

oohhh let us know it turns out.  I was thinking about making some over the week-end.

Quoting musicpisces:

I entered the recipe in on MFP, and the whole recipe is about 1800 calories (using 1/3 cup maple syrup).  I don't know how many servings it is, but I am SO making this tomorrow, so I might know better soon!

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Yeah I hear that agave is total junk so I would have to use something else for that.  Do you know the nutritional info for these?  They look delicious.

• Alyson121
    December 12, 2012 at 5:36 PM

They do look yummy!

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Looks delicious!  Thanks for sharing!

• musicpisces
    December 12, 2012 at 6:52 PM

I just made them.  The coconut oil separates a bit, which doesn't bother me, but that's what I saw.  I don't know that I froze them long enough (25 minutes), but they kind of curl as I pried them out of the pan.  They taste amazing!  I used half honey and half maple syrup, and I think using either one is all good.  I used shredded coconut and chopped almonds.  Pretty tasty!  Good treat when you need a chocolate fix, and you can get in some healthy fats.

Oh, and it made 8 bars the way I cut it up.  I spread it in an 8x8 pan, but something smaller would likely work better.

Quoting Alyson121:

oohhh let us know it turns out.  I was thinking about making some over the week-end.

Quoting musicpisces:

I entered the recipe in on MFP, and the whole recipe is about 1800 calories (using 1/3 cup maple syrup).  I don't know how many servings it is, but I am SO making this tomorrow, so I might know better soon!

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

Yeah I hear that agave is total junk so I would have to use something else for that.  Do you know the nutritional info for these?  They look delicious.

• Ps2512
    by Ps2512
    December 12, 2012 at 6:54 PM
    Mmmm
  • Alyson121
    December 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM

You don't mess around when it comes to testing recipes.  LOL.  That's great.  Now i can't wait to try them this week-end. 

Quoting musicpisces:

I just made them.  The coconut oil separates a bit, which doesn't bother me, but that's what I saw.  I don't know that I froze them long enough (25 minutes), but they kind of curl as I pried them out of the pan.  They taste amazing!  I used half honey and half maple syrup, and I think using either one is all good.  I used shredded coconut and chopped almonds.  Pretty tasty!  Good treat when you need a chocolate fix, and you can get in some healthy fats.

Oh, and it made 8 bars the way I cut it up.  I spread it in an 8x8 pan, but something smaller would likely work better.

Quoting Alyson121:

Quoting musicpisces:

Quoting chrisnjoesmom:

• cleanaturalady
    Kim
    December 13, 2012 at 8:14 AM

Looks good.  I've never used cacao powder before. 

• Alyson121
    December 13, 2012 at 4:05 PM

They do look yummy.  Raw cacao powder is just unprocessed chocolate powder.

Quoting cleanaturalady:

Looks good.  I've never used cacao powder before.