Healthy Moms

EthansMomma2010
focus tips?
November 27, 2012 at 12:30 AM

this may be a little ot but my finals are this week and for the life of me I can't focus!!! ugh. excercise is pretty much out since ds and i are both sick. dh isn't home. i'm trying to eat healthy but that's as far as i got. anybody else have some ideas?

Replies

• musicpisces
    November 27, 2012 at 1:07 AM

You sound like me!  Everyone sick and dealing with finals!

I tend to study better when I leave the house to do so.  I joke that studying at home is the best way to get my house cleaned!  LOL

I hope you and DS feel better soon!

• darbyakeep45
    November 27, 2012 at 6:35 AM

Hugs mama!  Go someplace quiet, if you can, and make sure you're drinking plenty of water and getting enough rest.  Good luck!

• SabrinaLC
    November 27, 2012 at 3:27 PM

Find somewhere to go study

A library or coffee shop?  Maybe just sit in the bathroom for a bit, lol

• EthansMomma2010
    November 27, 2012 at 4:02 PM
    Lol. Thank goodness DS has been napping. I can't go somewhere because DS is sick and therefore no Childcare.

Quoting SabrinaLC:

Find somewhere to go study

A library or coffee shop?  Maybe just sit in the bathroom for a bit, lol

• Alyson121
    November 27, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Music playing in the background used to help me focus.  Soft music, not club dancing music.  I'm the type that can concentrate better when their are small sounds playing in the background. 

However, i have to add that it i wasn't in the mood to really study, no amount of focusing trips and tricks would help.  So maybe, watch a movie, eat some popcorn and see how you feel later.

• mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    November 27, 2012 at 4:22 PM

I always needed total quiet to focus for exams. Maybe someone can watch your little one for a bit a couple of times for you. Writing something repeatedly if I didn't know it also helped. Good luck!

• EthansMomma2010
    November 27, 2012 at 4:52 PM
    Thanks for the tip on background music. I put some quiet music on and it really helped. Now rewarding myself with some TV time before hotting the books again. Would help if I actually liked this subject. Lol

Quoting Alyson121:

Music playing in the background used to help me focus.  Soft music, not club dancing music.  I'm the type that can concentrate better when their are small sounds playing in the background. 

However, i have to add that it i wasn't in the mood to really study, no amount of focusing trips and tricks would help.  So maybe, watch a movie, eat some popcorn and see how you feel later.

• Alyson121
    November 27, 2012 at 7:01 PM

oh yes, interest in the subject helps too - trying to study for something that bores me tears.  I'd be watching tv too.  LOL!

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Thanks for the tip on background music. I put some quiet music on and it really helped. Now rewarding myself with some TV time before hotting the books again. Would help if I actually liked this subject. Lol

Quoting Alyson121:

• Krysden
    by Krysden
    November 28, 2012 at 11:43 AM
    make sure you are drinking enough water
  • cleanaturalady
    November 28, 2012 at 2:49 PM

Yay, I'm glad that helped.  Alyson, rocks, man. 

Quoting EthansMomma2010:

Quoting Alyson121:

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN