ZoeysMom11
help! i'm in an exercise rut!
November 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM

i'm bored with the exercise videos i've been doing: a Biggest Loser dvd and Jillan Michaels 30 Day Shred.

can anyone reccomend some good exercise videos or routines for me to try? i think i just need to try something new!

Replies

• darbyakeep45
    November 27, 2012 at 6:46 AM

Jillian Michaels has a lot of good workout DVDs...Ripped in 30 is a good one and it's harder than 30 Day Shred.  Another good one is Killer Buns and Thighs.  Bob Harper has some good ones too!  Good luck mama!

• jhslove
    by jhslove
    November 27, 2012 at 6:50 AM

I like the Winsor Pilates series......they're all good, but the Ab Sculpting one and the Buns/Thighs one are both my favorites. They're 20 minutes each, but they're both HARD and very effective. When I was really on top of it, I used to do them back-to-back three times a week. The good thing is, once you do them a few times, you memorize the exercises and you don't even need the DVD--you can do them in the evenings while watching TV, etc. I'm trying to get back into the groove.....they've been collecting dust on my shelf since I started my second trimester.

My sister, who is in WAY better shape than I am, does their super-hard one (I think it's called Advanced Body Sculpting). I can't do that one--it's too hard for me. But if you can, all the more power to you! She looks awesome.   :)

• getfitnekia
    November 27, 2012 at 7:44 AM

I'm currently doing Beachbody's program Brazil Butt Lift, and in the past I've done 10-Minute Trainer which is created by Tony Horton who did P90X and also did Turbo Fire. Between the two programs I lost 60 lbs - I'm so confident in their programs and products I signed on to be a Beachbody Coach!!

• Basherte
    November 27, 2012 at 9:55 AM

How about getting outside? Just for a little bit. 

Unless it's cold there. Then ummm.. I don't know. I've never used a video except for richard simmons. Because while I don't like him, I like his sweating to the oldies video. It's fun.

Or get a dvd of some dance moves. Learn a new dance. My brother lost a huge amount of weight just going out to clubs and dancing for a few hours a couple times a week. Sweat a lot while dancing, and the dancing itself is a good work out. 

Or make a "dance club" in your own home a few nights a week and dance all you want. Until you are sweaty. 

Just ideas. Don't know if they will help or not. 

• SabrinaLC
    November 27, 2012 at 3:24 PM

I'm currently doing Brazil Butt Lift.  A couple months ago I did Insanity.  

I've done Leslie Sansone Walk At Home videos also.

I use to use my Wii for working out.  Your Shape with Jenny McCarthy was a pretty good choice

• Stefanie83
    November 27, 2012 at 3:49 PM

I love Jillian's No More Trouble Zones. Ripped in 30 is good too.

And I like Tae Bo.  And Netflix used to have this 10 minutes solutions Kickbox Bootcamp and it was my FAVORITE! I don't know if it's still on there.

I had to quit DVD workouts because of my hips but I love those ^  :)

• Alyson121
    November 27, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Yupe, check out Tiffany Rothe videos on YouTube.  She really has some funky beats and "shake your butt" moves that will totally awaken your senses.

• mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    November 27, 2012 at 4:17 PM

All of these are great ideas!

• Krysden
    by Krysden
    November 28, 2012 at 11:42 AM
    You've gotten some great ideas, I just wanted to wish you luck.
  • alysson99
    November 29, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Netflix instant play has so many videos, maybe you could sign up for a free subscription (normally 2 weeks to a month) to try some out if you don't have it. The library is also a good place to find new stuff.