Healthy Moms

Amanda52007
Pita Bread
November 19, 2012 at 8:01 PM
So, I've been wanting to change up my eating routine so I bought some pita bread. I got it from a shelf near our deli (in walmart). Its the kind that you cut open and stuff. Not sure if that's the only kind or not...I'm new to it. I made a turkey, lettuce, Colby jack cheese one today. Delicious.

Do you eat pitas? What do you like in them?

Replies

• mypbandj
    Jen
    November 19, 2012 at 8:53 PM
    Rarely. But just because I'm the only one at home who will eat it and I can't eat an entire bag by myself so I feel like it gets wasted. But I do like it.
  • Stefanie83
    November 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM
    I love them with hummus!!! And bell peppers. I don't get them a lot because I can't find them with less than like 300 mg of sodium.
  • darbyakeep45
    November 20, 2012 at 6:16 AM

I sometimes eat pita bread with hummus, but not often to be honest...:)

• Schleetle
    November 20, 2012 at 6:21 AM
    Yup. Veggie pita with hummus, spinach, tomato, red onion, pickled jalepeno, sometimes banana peppers, bell peppers, olives, cucumber, and balsamic vinaigrette with nutritional yeast. I had this really good pickled jalepeno dip recently for just the bread recently too I'll have to get the recipe.
  • SabrinaLC
    November 20, 2012 at 12:05 PM

I haven't had pita bread in awhile

it's good though

• balagan_imma
    November 20, 2012 at 12:09 PM

I make pita (no need for the word bread actually) on occasion. We eat it mostly with hummus and/or falafel. But you can stuff it with just about anything.

My youngest loves it with peanut butter. They were in heaven with all of the fresh pita this summer when we were in Israel. I would come home from the open air market and it would still be hot.

• mom_3.0
    by mom_3.0
    November 20, 2012 at 12:19 PM

I love it. I stuff it with homemade chicken salad. (boiled cut up chicken breasts, almond slivers, sliced grapes, lemon juice, nonfat plain yogurt, salt and pepper - yum!) for a whole sandwich inthe pita bread its about 375 cals

• Amanda52007
    November 20, 2012 at 12:41 PM
    So, last night we had grilled chicken salads. So today for lunch, I just mixed up a bowl of salad (with chicken, black beans, and pepperoni) and stuffed the pita with it.

It was DELICIOUS!!!!

Tomorrow, I'm going to try homemade chicken salad in one.
  • Vertical15
    November 20, 2012 at 1:45 PM

I use it just like regular bread.  Any sandwich can be put into it and that how I usually use it.

• Stacie03
    November 20, 2012 at 2:48 PM
    I've only had it with hummus. And it has to be homemade hummus otherwise I don't like it.

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts