Healthy Moms

Keatonzmom
Family suffers from itchy bumps all over body
November 19, 2012 at 8:52 AM

It started with my husband who this summer started getting very itchy and it didn't pass on to me till we moved into our new house this September. The bumps on both of us didn't appear till about that time as well and they've only escalated since then. I went to the doctor and he said no sign of any type of bug/mites but thought it might be PUPP since i'm pregnant. Well I used the cream he gave me and it had no effect. 

I've started noticing small little bumps on my three year olds back but he doesn't ever complain that it itches so I don't know if that's just coincidence. All three of us do suffer from eczema and i'm wondering if maybe something at our new house has flared the eczema. Just don't know what on earth could have done that.

We have been using the same soaps as we always have and our water doesn't smell very strong of chlorine or anything. 

My husband has it worse then I do but this constant itching and bumps has gone on long enough! Most of my bumps are around my tummy area but I have some on my back and backside of my knees. My thighs really itch but there are no bumps. My husband has them all over very bad. From his hands to his feet. We've tried so many different things to help ease the itching:

-vaseline

-aloe

-oatmeal baths

-bath oils

-changing laundry detergent to hypo-allergenic 

-my husband has started benedryl which seems to kind of be working but leaves me SOL with being pregnant

We're just at a loss and having to spend money on the doctor for them to not know what it is seems silly. Anyone have any ideas? Or maybe a stronger method of relieving itching? It would be SO appreciated! I don't think we can stand it much longer!

Replies

• SabrinaLC
    November 19, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Gosh!

I'm sorry you are dealing with it.  

If it doesn't clear up I'd see a dermatologist.  

• Keatonzmom
    November 19, 2012 at 9:40 AM

bump

• Vertical15
    November 19, 2012 at 11:38 AM

Have you tried coconut oil?  It helps with our eczema though you definately need to figure out whats causing it since your just dealing with the symptoms.  Good Luck!

• Keatonzmom
    November 19, 2012 at 2:41 PM

No I haven't, that's a great idea thank you!

Quoting Vertical15:

Have you tried coconut oil?  It helps with our eczema though you definately need to figure out whats causing it since your just dealing with the symptoms.  Good Luck!

• calimom1123
    November 19, 2012 at 2:49 PM
    How weird could it be fleas? Do you have pets? I had that happen when I moved into a new place. We didnt have pets but the ppl before us did and they hid in the carpet. It quickly got totally infested with fleas it was horrible!! Im the only one that go bit though..lol We had to get the house sprayed 2 times.
  • BelindaDuvessa
    November 19, 2012 at 2:52 PM

.....Why can't you take Benadryl pregnant?  That's one of the few things that was on my safe list.

• notjstanothrmom
    November 19, 2012 at 2:54 PM
    I would think bugs. Have you checked your bed for bed bugs?
  • Alyson121
    November 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Coconut oils is GREAT for skin issues. I use it all the time, for EVERYTHING.

Quoting Vertical15:

• Alyson121
    November 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM

Vaseline and any other petroleum products are a not good for the skin at all, it tends to make rashes worse and totally dries out the skin. 

If you're using Aveeno oatmeal baths, they have allot of filler ingredients that pretty much make their products useless.

It could be the carpet (if you have any) in your new home that's making it worse.  We had that issue when we'd moved into a new house because the carpet was about 10 years old.  Plus, the chemicals that were used to clean the carpet affected me and my children as well.

You can stop using detergent and just use ACV.  There's a post in this group about using ACV for laundry.

If you take baths instead of showers, use aloe vera juice (make sure it's the real deal) in your bath water AND add ACV as well.  After bathing make an aloe vera juice spray (half aloe vera and half filtered water) to spray on your body.  Don't use over the counter lotions.  Use the coconut oil as a moisturizer instead.

Over the counter soaps dry the skin and cause irritation as well.  If you can find some African Black Soap us that.  They have a brand that is sold at Target, not sure if it's at all Targets.  You can also find it online.  Oatmeal soaps are good too.  However, you'd have to buy those from a farmer market or online as well. 

No body sprays, or other chemicals should be used either.

Try this for about 7 days and see if there's any improvement. 

Checking your diet is also helpful as well.

• Keatonzmom
    November 19, 2012 at 3:11 PM

Lol I wish it was just that. We do have pets but it's not fleas I've been through that before. 

Quoting calimom1123:

How weird could it be fleas? Do you have pets? I had that happen when I moved into a new place. We didnt have pets but the ppl before us did and they hid in the carpet. It quickly got totally infested with fleas it was horrible!! Im the only one that go bit though..lol We had to get the house sprayed 2 times.

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN