Healthy Moms

raegan1221
Anyone ever had this happen? **PIOG** **UPDATE**
November 15, 2012 at 9:10 PM

So...I have a lot abdominal problems anyways because of having my gallbladder removed..hard for me to digest certain foods. Anyways....this afternoon I start getting what felt like menstruel cramps (abdominal cramps)..they were kind of in the middle to the left side. Then about 3p, I started hurting mildly bad in my back on the lower right side. Little tmi here but I've been kind of gasy this week and yesterday morning, it hurt when I urinated and also was hard to go which made it hurt worse but that's the only time it happened. So now I am home and my back hurts worse and the abdominal pain has moved to the right side. So....I am thinking maybe a kidney infection? Has anyone ever felt this way or similar?

Update...Okay..got to pee in a cup lol and low and behold it's a UTI. She said there is a chance it's appendicitis so she told me to stay on the Rx for 7 days..In the mean time, to call if the pain & symptoms continue. I am ready for this to be over.

Replies

• raegan1221
    November 18, 2012 at 10:57 PM

You mentioned the appendix..I have a question for you if you might be able to help:). The pain let up on Saturday but came back that evening, not as badly though. Today it's back in full force, ugh. But the pain is on the right side, below my rib came between my back and said. However when I lay down on my right and put pressure on my lower right abdomen it shoots a very sharp pain into the spot where it's hurting already...between my back and said. So weird right? My Mom had me do that bc we're trying to figure out what the heck it is. Grr....

Quoting karamille:

I had adhesions from my gall bladder removal and also endometriosis.  Took us 7 months to figure out what the problem was because it kept having these attacks every few days.  Do you have rebound pain on the right side?  Push in on your right side where you pain is and see if it hurts worse when you release the pressure.  If it does, its probably your appendix and you should probably head on up to the ER.  

• raegan1221
    November 18, 2012 at 11:00 PM

Wow obviously I cannot spell or make any sense lol. I meant "side" not said. And I meant the pain shoots into where it's hurting on my side once the pressure is released.

Quoting raegan1221:

You mentioned the appendix..I have a question for you if you might be able to help:). The pain let up on Saturday but came back that evening, not as badly though. Today it's back in full force, ugh. But the pain is on the right side, below my rib came between my back and said. However when I lay down on my right and put pressure on my lower right abdomen it shoots a very sharp pain into the spot where it's hurting already...between my back and said. So weird right? My Mom had me do that bc we're trying to figure out what the heck it is. Grr....

Quoting karamille:

I had adhesions from my gall bladder removal and also endometriosis.  Took us 7 months to figure out what the problem was because it kept having these attacks every few days.  Do you have rebound pain on the right side?  Push in on your right side where you pain is and see if it hurts worse when you release the pressure.  If it does, its probably your appendix and you should probably head on up to the ER.  

• preacherskid
    November 18, 2012 at 11:59 PM

I would say at this point a visit to the doctor is in order.  The returned pain as well a fever could mean a kidney stone or infection, or issues with your appendix.

• raegan1221
    November 19, 2012 at 12:01 AM

ok, thank you.

Quoting preacherskid:

I would say at this point a visit to the doctor is in order.  The returned pain as well a fever could mean a kidney stone or infection, or issues with your appendix.

• KimberlyMKasten
    November 19, 2012 at 12:03 AM

sounds a little like when i had a UTI about 5 years ago. I hurt so bad I could hardly stand. My back hurt the most though. I had the same problem urinating. It burned! Good luck with it all. I hope you feel better!

• Krysden
    by Krysden
    November 21, 2012 at 4:23 PM

Feeling any better? 

• raegan1221
    November 21, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Yes! Pain finally stopped:). But the dr called me today and said that my urine culture started growing out and is e-coli resistent so they need to call me in a different antibiotic. I am not sure what all that means but hopefully it'll be better because I am feeling nauseated and achy. But they said that should make it better. Thank you for asking:)

Quoting Krysden:

Feeling any better? 

• darbyakeep45
    November 21, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Hugs mama!  Hope things get better and not worse!

• raegan1221
    November 21, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Thank you very much! They seem to be getting better:)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hugs mama!  Hope things get better and not worse!

• e-doolittle
    November 22, 2012 at 12:06 AM

Hope the antibiotics work!

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN