Healthy Moms

rocky_mtn_mama
Sinuses
November 15, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Anyone else dealing with sinus issues lately?  The backs of my eyes have been so achy lately and I just know it's related to my sinuses.  All thanks to barometric pressure changes and weather.  Bleh!

Replies

• Bleacheddecay
    November 15, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I have sinus issues every day of the year. *hugs* What do you do for it?

• rocky_mtn_mama
    November 15, 2012 at 1:02 PM

Usually not much.  Sometimes I'll take a psuedafed, but I don't care for the "speed" feel I get from them.

I have horrible allergies, year round, too.  So I'm sure some of my issues could be attributed to that.

Quoting Bleacheddecay:

I have sinus issues every day of the year. *hugs* What do you do for it?

• mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    November 15, 2012 at 5:30 PM

I get migraines from barometric pressure changes. I found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/search/?mode=standard&search=sinuses+barometric+changes

• e-doolittle
    November 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM
    You are not alone!
  • mypbandj
    Jen
    November 15, 2012 at 11:21 PM

No but my boss is CONSTANTLY sick w/ sinus issues.

• SabrinaLC
    November 16, 2012 at 8:12 AM

My husband has having some sinus issues.  He's missing some of his though.  He was in a car accident years ago and so now he's lacking the frontal sinus.  He says it makes the pain worse though.

• rocky_mtn_mama
    November 16, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Oh goodness, I can imagine that must really hurt!

Quoting SabrinaLC:

My husband has having some sinus issues.  He's missing some of his though.  He was in a car accident years ago and so now he's lacking the frontal sinus.  He says it makes the pain worse though.

• rocky_mtn_mama
    November 16, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Thanks!  These are great tips, the cold compress one in the first article really does work.

I think I figured out why I was hurting yesterday.  I'd forgotten that I closed my bedroom window the day before and I don't sleep well with it closed because I feel like I can't breath if I don't have fresh air in the room.  That always gives me a sinus headache.

Quoting mp3mom:

http://www.livestrong.com/search/?mode=standard&search=sinuses+barometric+changes

• mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    November 16, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Glad it helped :)

Quoting rocky_mtn_mama:

Thanks!  These are great tips, the cold compress one in the first article really does work.

I think I figured out why I was hurting yesterday.  I'd forgotten that I closed my bedroom window the day before and I don't sleep well with it closed because I feel like I can't breath if I don't have fresh air in the room.  That always gives me a sinus headache.

Quoting mp3mom:

• darbyakeep45
    November 17, 2012 at 7:34 AM

My husband and son have sinus issues...it stinks mama!  Hugs!

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN