cleanaturalady
What are your Thanksgiving traditions?
November 14, 2012 at 2:58 PM

Peanuts: Happy Thanksgiving

Replies

• mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    November 14, 2012 at 6:41 PM

What a cute pic! We usually always go to my parents'.

• cleanaturalady
    November 14, 2012 at 8:30 PM

It is cute, isn't it?  I just feel calm when I see Charlie Brown and friends. 

Quoting mp3mom:

• e-doolittle
    November 14, 2012 at 11:38 PM
    We host family and friends
  • bhwrn1
    by bhwrn1
    November 15, 2012 at 5:53 AM

We go to DH's firehouse in the morning for their big breakfast. Then off to my mom's for dinner later in the afternoon.

• mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    November 15, 2012 at 4:45 PM

He is comforting. I guess bringing back nice childhood memories...

Quoting cleanaturalady:

It is cute, isn't it?  I just feel calm when I see Charlie Brown and friends. 

Quoting mp3mom:

• Alyson121
    November 15, 2012 at 5:00 PM

My parents attend The Sunrise Ceremony on Alcatraz Island to honor the Native Americans.  A few times my sister and i exchanged hosting at our homes and my parents joined later.  My mother used to cook many moons ago.  Recently, i've just cooked myself but never traditional food. 

• mypbandj
    Jen
    November 15, 2012 at 11:24 PM

Wow that sounds fun!

Quoting bhwrn1:

We go to DH's firehouse in the morning for their big breakfast. Then off to my mom's for dinner later in the afternoon.

• mypbandj
    Jen
    November 15, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Do you have a Native American heritage? What do you like to cook if not the traditional food?

Quoting Alyson121:

My parents attend The Sunrise Ceremony on Alcatraz Island to honor the Native Americans.  A few times my sister and i exchanged hosting at our homes and my parents joined later.  My mother used to cook many moons ago.  Recently, i've just cooked myself but never traditional food. 

• mypbandj
    Jen
    November 15, 2012 at 11:28 PM

As a child, we went to my grandmothers house (my mom's mom) or my aunt's house (my mom's sister).

Now that I have my own little family, and we live in a state all by ourselves, we travel to my other grandmothers hosue (my dad's mom) and eat with them. Its a much smaller family than my mom's side but they have some traditions there that I enjoy.

• bhwrn1
    by bhwrn1
    November 16, 2012 at 5:45 AM

The kids look forward to the firehouse EVERY year. They ask and ask and ask about it from the moment it's over! LOL! And talk about how they can't wait to go back next year! Too funny!

Quoting mypbandj:

Wow that sounds fun!

Quoting bhwrn1:

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN