Healthy Moms

Nathans_mom0612
Need calorie help
October 9, 2012 at 4:54 PM
so i have been eating 1200 calories not counting my two cups of coffee with cream and sugar. I work out for 40 minutes everyday. I am 5'3 and weigh 150. My goal was 140 and i actually got down to 142. Then we went on vacatiob, i pigged out and although i went back to my regular diet, i cant get back down there. I started wondering if maybe this isnt enough calories. I do feel hingry a lot so i programmed into my fitness pal and without exercise it gave me 1370 and with exercise it brought me up to 1800 calories i should be eating. Is this right? That seems like a lot!

Replies

• mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    October 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM
  • Nathans_mom0612
    October 9, 2012 at 6:21 PM

BUMP!

• cmorris1200
    October 9, 2012 at 7:24 PM

Eating to few calories can make you hold on to weight.

• Alyson121
    October 9, 2012 at 7:36 PM

MyFitnessPal is just really a tracker for calories, not something you take on 100% as being correct.  I would ask EXACTLY what are you eating?  If you're getting nutrionally dense foods, you won't be hungry.  However, if the food you're eating is full of empty calories you'll always feel hungry. 

For example, my first meal today was a kale smoothie i made.  I drank a huge mason jar full and felt like i just at a 5 course meal afterwards.  I used kale, banana, orange juice, and spirulina powder.  So i probably won't be hungry again until dinner. Although what i ate doesn't seem like allot, according to MFP it has allot of calories.

If you add more living foods to your diet, that should help make you feel full.  Also raw nuts are filling  as well.  There are others too.

Plus exercising won't help you keep weight off of the food doesn't match, which is probably why you gained it back.  I exercise about 15 minutes on days and some days not at all and i've been losing weight.  Let me know what you eat and i can help you more.

• darbyakeep45
    October 10, 2012 at 6:10 AM

I agree with Alyson...it's probably more about what you are eating.  

Quoting Alyson121:

MyFitnessPal is just really a tracker for calories, not something you take on 100% as being correct.  I would ask EXACTLY what are you eating?  If you're getting nutrionally dense foods, you won't be hungry.  However, if the food you're eating is full of empty calories you'll always feel hungry. 

For example, my first meal today was a kale smoothie i made.  I drank a huge mason jar full and felt like i just at a 5 course meal afterwards.  I used kale, banana, orange juice, and spirulina powder.  So i probably won't be hungry again until dinner. Although what i ate doesn't seem like allot, according to MFP it has allot of calories.

If you add more living foods to your diet, that should help make you feel full.  Also raw nuts are filling  as well.  There are others too.

Plus exercising won't help you keep weight off of the food doesn't match, which is probably why you gained it back.  I exercise about 15 minutes on days and some days not at all and i've been losing weight.  Let me know what you eat and i can help you more.

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts