Healthy Moms

printerr
One Giant Pledge
October 9, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I know I'm a little late in posting my first post, but this has been a hectic past 2+ weeks with my family visiting and my son's birthday party and me getting sick.  I just today finally had time to read my e-mail indicating what my assignment was and found out I was supposed to have written something by 9/24.  So, here goes....

I have a healthy and active 4 year old son.  I would very much like for him to stay that way (healthy and active, that is...obviously he won't stay 4 forever LOL).  I think an important part of that is eating a balanced diet.  In order to try to do that, I try to make sure to serve vegetables every evening with dinner.  If my husband cooks and doesn't prepare vegetables, I still find some to put on the table with the meal.  I also role model eating my vegetables so my son can see that.  I try to get my husband to do the same, but unfortunately, there are nights when he won't.  My son will often eat his vegetables, but not always.  I ask him to at least try everything on his plate.  I think he does pretty well overall, as he seems to like a bit of a variety.  I would like to start making more vegetable casseroles where they are not just a seperate dish, and therefore could be more appealing.  I have a few good recipes but just haven't had time to prepare them.  It's honestly very hard with my schedule, as we don't generally get home until it's time to eat.  If I didn't prepare something in the crockpot, then we're scrambling to throw something together.  

I don't yet know what my favorite Green Giant vegetables are.  I just bought my first package with my coupon and we haven't yet prepared them.  We will be trying the green beans with almonds.  I hope to feel well enough and find time to prepare them during this coming week.

Replies

• reneawesley
    October 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM
    That's great your son will eat some. My oldest will only eat cauliflower and won't try anything else.
  • mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    October 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Welcome & good luck!

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email