Healthy Moms

printerr
One Giant Pledge
October 9, 2012 at 12:36 PM

I know I'm a little late in posting my first post, but this has been a hectic past 2+ weeks with my family visiting and my son's birthday party and me getting sick.  I just today finally had time to read my e-mail indicating what my assignment was and found out I was supposed to have written something by 9/24.  So, here goes....

I have a healthy and active 4 year old son.  I would very much like for him to stay that way (healthy and active, that is...obviously he won't stay 4 forever LOL).  I think an important part of that is eating a balanced diet.  In order to try to do that, I try to make sure to serve vegetables every evening with dinner.  If my husband cooks and doesn't prepare vegetables, I still find some to put on the table with the meal.  I also role model eating my vegetables so my son can see that.  I try to get my husband to do the same, but unfortunately, there are nights when he won't.  My son will often eat his vegetables, but not always.  I ask him to at least try everything on his plate.  I think he does pretty well overall, as he seems to like a bit of a variety.  I would like to start making more vegetable casseroles where they are not just a seperate dish, and therefore could be more appealing.  I have a few good recipes but just haven't had time to prepare them.  It's honestly very hard with my schedule, as we don't generally get home until it's time to eat.  If I didn't prepare something in the crockpot, then we're scrambling to throw something together.  

I don't yet know what my favorite Green Giant vegetables are.  I just bought my first package with my coupon and we haven't yet prepared them.  We will be trying the green beans with almonds.  I hope to feel well enough and find time to prepare them during this coming week.

Replies

• reneawesley
    October 9, 2012 at 2:32 PM
    That's great your son will eat some. My oldest will only eat cauliflower and won't try anything else.
  • mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    October 9, 2012 at 4:42 PM

Welcome & good luck!

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts