Healthy Moms

SabrinaLC
Strict diet during yeast infection?
October 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Have any of you ever followed a different diet during a yeast infection?

I have one and am wondering if my diet (vegan) is okay.  Like, I don't eat a huge amount of sugar, or packaged foods.  I make pretty much everything from scratch.  

Do I need to alter my diet until this clears up or am I fine to continue with my regular diet?

From what I was reading a Candida diet isn't very healthy at all.  So I'd really prefer to avoid it.

Replies

• amonkeymom
    October 5, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I'm not vegan so I'm not sure what you can do to change your diet while recovering from yeast.  For me, when I had one (my first and only) last year, I just made sure to eat plenty of yogurt and take acidophillis to help fight the infection.

• SabrinaLC
    October 5, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Right.

There is this ridiculous list of foods you should avoid and I don't know how anyone could survive eating that way.  

Which was why I was asking if others had ever restricted their diets.  This is only my second one ever so I'm not really sure.  When I had my first my doctor didn't mention restricting any foods, at least not that I can remember, it's been like 5 years.

Quoting amonkeymom:

I'm not vegan so I'm not sure what you can do to change your diet while recovering from yeast.  For me, when I had one (my first and only) last year, I just made sure to eat plenty of yogurt and take acidophillis to help fight the infection.

• lovemymarine18
    October 5, 2012 at 2:05 PM
    I only heard to reduce sugar and caffiene. I haven't changed anything when I've had them, and they've cleared up with the meds quickly.
  • mamaistheword87
    October 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM

cut gluten, sugar and wine.  all contribute to yeast growth.

take a probiotic (coconut oil is good)

• mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    October 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I've heard horrifying things about yeast. I found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/search/?mode=standard&search=yeast+infection+diet

• darbyakeep45
    October 5, 2012 at 7:08 PM

You have an extremely healthy diet Sabrina...I can't imagine it being any better to be honest.  Hugs mama and hope you feel better!

• SabrinaLC
    October 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Thanks

Quoting mp3mom:

I've heard horrifying things about yeast. I found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/search/?mode=standard&search=yeast+infection+diet

• SabrinaLC
    October 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Thanks. :-)

I think I'm just going to eat as usual.  

Quoting darbyakeep45:

You have an extremely healthy diet Sabrina...I can't imagine it being any better to be honest.  Hugs mama and hope you feel better!

• mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    October 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I hope you're better soon!

• reneawesley
    October 5, 2012 at 11:13 PM
    Quoting darbyakeep45:

This is exactly what I thought.

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts