Healthy Moms

SabrinaLC
Strict diet during yeast infection?
October 5, 2012 at 9:35 AM

Have any of you ever followed a different diet during a yeast infection?

I have one and am wondering if my diet (vegan) is okay.  Like, I don't eat a huge amount of sugar, or packaged foods.  I make pretty much everything from scratch.  

Do I need to alter my diet until this clears up or am I fine to continue with my regular diet?

From what I was reading a Candida diet isn't very healthy at all.  So I'd really prefer to avoid it.

Replies

• amonkeymom
    October 5, 2012 at 1:51 PM

I'm not vegan so I'm not sure what you can do to change your diet while recovering from yeast.  For me, when I had one (my first and only) last year, I just made sure to eat plenty of yogurt and take acidophillis to help fight the infection.

• SabrinaLC
    October 5, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Right.

There is this ridiculous list of foods you should avoid and I don't know how anyone could survive eating that way.  

Which was why I was asking if others had ever restricted their diets.  This is only my second one ever so I'm not really sure.  When I had my first my doctor didn't mention restricting any foods, at least not that I can remember, it's been like 5 years.

Quoting amonkeymom:

I'm not vegan so I'm not sure what you can do to change your diet while recovering from yeast.  For me, when I had one (my first and only) last year, I just made sure to eat plenty of yogurt and take acidophillis to help fight the infection.

• lovemymarine18
    October 5, 2012 at 2:05 PM
    I only heard to reduce sugar and caffiene. I haven't changed anything when I've had them, and they've cleared up with the meds quickly.
  • mamaistheword87
    October 5, 2012 at 2:07 PM

cut gluten, sugar and wine.  all contribute to yeast growth.

take a probiotic (coconut oil is good)

• mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    October 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM

I've heard horrifying things about yeast. I found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/search/?mode=standard&search=yeast+infection+diet

• darbyakeep45
    October 5, 2012 at 7:08 PM

You have an extremely healthy diet Sabrina...I can't imagine it being any better to be honest.  Hugs mama and hope you feel better!

• SabrinaLC
    October 5, 2012 at 8:03 PM

Thanks

Quoting mp3mom:

I've heard horrifying things about yeast. I found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/search/?mode=standard&search=yeast+infection+diet

• SabrinaLC
    October 5, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Thanks. :-)

I think I'm just going to eat as usual.  

Quoting darbyakeep45:

You have an extremely healthy diet Sabrina...I can't imagine it being any better to be honest.  Hugs mama and hope you feel better!

• mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    October 5, 2012 at 8:21 PM

I hope you're better soon!

• reneawesley
    October 5, 2012 at 11:13 PM
    Quoting darbyakeep45:

This is exactly what I thought.

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN