So because I LOVE LOVE LOVE the September workout challenge. It really made me focus and put forth more effort. So I decided to try a food challenge this month. Anyone that is inerested can join. Just keep us updated on your success and challenges on the road to being healthy. Here are the rules.
1. No white sugar or substitutes. (now i know how hard it is to give up
sweets so I am going to use natural sweeteners: Honey, and Natural Maple syrup.
2. No white bread. Sub with whole wheat products.
3. Eat breakfast everyday.(I have a tendency to skip this meal and if I plan to do the October Workout Challenge I need to have the energy)
4. Have 4-5 servings of fruit and vegetables a day.
5. Drink 64 oz of water.
6. Eat lean meats: fish, seafood, chicken, turkey, lean pork.
by FrugalFairyOctober 4, 2012 at 8:09 PM
I hope I'm not out of line for offering a critique... between the bran muffin, the sugar in the figs and smoothie ingredients, that's a lot of carbs/sugars in one day. It's going to mess with your blood sugar and triglycerides unless you up your protein to balance it out.
by tngirl06October 5, 2012 at 7:12 AM
You are not out of line. but i feel that there are "good" carbs and "bad " carbs. right now i am focusing on getting rid of "bad" carbs. if you look at my rules for this challenge you will see i am focusing on cutting out "bad" carbs this month. If this goes well i will focus on lowering total carb intake. Plus we are ttc so i want to consume as many nuitrient dense foods as posible.
Examples of BAD- white sugar, white flour products, white potatoes
Examples of GOOD- fruit, vegetables, whole grain products
by mp3momOctober 5, 2012 at 5:12 PM