Healthy Moms

alc4evermom
Body Building Moms
September 30, 2012 at 8:26 AM

I've always loved cardio but  in the past few months I have put a lot of focus on weights and body building.  I wish I had discovered my love for it ten years ago!!!  Just putting it out there and wondering if anyone else is building their bodies. 

also I am more interested in health discussions with people who are not fad dieting, and wondering what is working for you and building your fabulous muscles!!!!  I was in the poor house for a couple of months here and ate a TON of hard boiled eggs.  Since I gave up gluten due to extreme food allergies two months ago, my body has transformed itself into something that looks much younger and brighter than I ever could have dreamed.  Times are better and I can buy some supplements now;  what kinds are you using and why?

Replies

• happy2bmom25
    September 30, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    We only use probiotics and fish oil. Probiotics for better gut health and the fish oil because I believe that humans were mrant to eat fresh fish fairly frequently. Congrats on your new found health!
  • happy2bmom25
    September 30, 2012 at 8:32 AM
    We only use probiotics and fish oil. Probiotics for better gut health and the fish oil because I believe that humans were mrant to eat fresh fish fairly frequently. Congrats on your new found health!
  • alc4evermom
    September 30, 2012 at 8:58 AM

haha that's cool I've always got the freeze dried probiotic supplements but I should actually start taking them now that you mention it

• amonkeymom
    October 1, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I'm not a body builder (or fad dieter). 

Welcome to the group!

• Alyson121
    October 1, 2012 at 7:32 PM

I drink allot of green smoothies (kale, banana, spirulina or whey or glutamate, etc) and juice.  I wouldn't say i was into body building, however i do want to look toned and not flabby.  I also try and eat plenty of raw foods.  My hubby is the vitamin and supplement guru, so i pretty much take what he buys or suggest i take.  He has about a $300 a month vitamin and supplement habit.  LOL

• mypbandj
    Jen
    October 1, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Quoting amonkeymom:

I'm not a body builder (or fad dieter). 

Welcome to the group!

• CrazedMomof2
    October 1, 2012 at 11:47 PM
    Welcome. I just started weight training and love it. I also don't fad diet. I eat real food and workout. I just started body pump and really like it!
  • ellehcimyelhsa
    October 2, 2012 at 10:06 PM
    I'm doing a hybrid program with TurboFire (cardio) and ChaLEAN Extreme (heavy weights). I love strength training! I take a probiotic and prenatal vitamin. That's it for now because I'm breastfeeding.
  • SabrinaLC
    October 3, 2012 at 8:59 AM

I'm not a body builder or a fad dieter!

Welcome to the group!

• mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    October 3, 2012 at 5:41 PM

Welcome! I did cross-trainig for years; I love it! I found this:

http://www.livestrong.com/fitness-get-started/

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts