CafeMom Team
How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?
September 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Getting your little one to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 50 CafeMom members to take  the One Giant Pledge to get their family to eat more vegetables and gave them a free coupon from Green Giant to get them started.With Green Giant, vegetables are picked at the peak of perfection and frozen or canned fast to preserve the simple goodness nature intended!

Tell us about your family. How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

Replies

• Hannahsmommy816
    October 13, 2012 at 7:20 AM

they are also little helpers at the store and pick out the ones they like!

• meegs23
    by meegs23
    October 13, 2012 at 9:14 AM
    Soup!!!! My 5 and 3 year olds will eat any vegetable in soup format. It's actually ridiculous! So we do a lot of soups in our house!!
  • corkigurl
    October 13, 2012 at 9:38 AM
    My son is a picky eater, but one thing that he WILL eat is Mac n cheese. I have started hiding veggies in that and he eats them up! I'm always looking for creative ways to get healthy foods in my picky eater :) we have veggies with every meal. My 9 month old daughter will eat ANYTHING I put in front of her, including broccoli. I haven't found a food she doesn't like yet :) her favorite is Green Giant Green Beans, she'd eat the entire can if I let her! :)
  • ScrChk23
    October 13, 2012 at 10:46 AM

I was blessed to have two sons who LOVES to eat fruits and veggies. 

• hunterskysmom
    October 13, 2012 at 10:51 AM
    The only veggi i can't get my dd to eat is green beans
  • krs_tristan
    October 13, 2012 at 1:49 PM
    My kids grew up loving fruits and veggies! I just always offered them once they were able to eat solids. One has a sensory disorder so we have to sneak them to him, but the other asks for them!
  • kjb949
    by kjb949
    October 13, 2012 at 2:26 PM
    By making them more available at meal and snack times.
  • DelilahsMom4108
    October 13, 2012 at 2:38 PM
    They like most veggies....but I occasionally make apple & carrot muffins or zucchini bread to sneak in some more
  • kathislove80
    October 13, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    My son is seven months old. He loves veggies, especially squash and sweet potatoes. He doesn't get commercial baby food. I make all his food. It's so easy, and doesn't take much time. I think giving him seasonal, fresh, delicious veggies from the start will make him like veggies as he gets older.
  • sweetmissy_05
    October 13, 2012 at 2:55 PM

My kids love vegetables so we normally don't have a problem.