Healthy Moms

CafeMom Team
How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?
September 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Getting your little one to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 50 CafeMom members to take  the One Giant Pledge to get their family to eat more vegetables and gave them a free coupon from Green Giant to get them started.With Green Giant, vegetables are picked at the peak of perfection and frozen or canned fast to preserve the simple goodness nature intended!

Tell us about your family. How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

Replies

• chancock
    October 8, 2012 at 8:53 PM

We change it up often. The brighter the better with the veggies, so far my 16 month old hasn't found a veggie she wouldn't eat. It helps that her dad and I are always eating veggies so she thinks that is normal. Setting a good example and keeping it colorful!

• alouya21
    October 8, 2012 at 9:14 PM

my kids love veggies

• Jennifair
    October 8, 2012 at 10:38 PM
    I'm lucky. My daughter loves her veggies. So there isn't a fight. =)
  • CadesMum
    October 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM
    I put them in quesadillas
  • jlbelknap35
    October 9, 2012 at 1:46 AM
    Never have any trouble, both my kids I can open a can or heat up some frozen veggies put them in front of them and they are gone.
  • shishie
    by shishie
    October 9, 2012 at 3:47 AM
    I puree veggies and put into soups, stews and baked goods!
  • shishie
    by shishie
    October 9, 2012 at 3:47 AM
    I puree veggies and put into soups, stews and baked goods!
  • Wyldbutterfly
    October 9, 2012 at 4:43 AM

I've never gotten my oldest to eat veggies.  My youngest was never a problem. She loves her veggies and always has.

• RosePetalTears
    October 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM

my kids love eating veggies if they are the ones that get to help grow/pick/choose/or prepare them.  My middle ds is a very picky eat but he loves eating kale because he got to choose it himself and, to him, it looks like its for dinosaurs. He calls all kale, dinosaur kale (there is a variety of kale that is actually named this as well)

I've also found if i roast the veggies my kids are more likely to eat them. My youngest will lick the broccoli dish clean if i roast it with a little olive oil, garlic salt and a sprinkle of parm cheese.

• printerr
    October 9, 2012 at 12:16 PM

I'm trying to make sure to serve vegetables with dinner every night, which is not something I used to do.

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN