Healthy Moms

CafeMom Team
How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?
September 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Getting your little one to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 50 CafeMom members to take  the One Giant Pledge to get their family to eat more vegetables and gave them a free coupon from Green Giant to get them started.With Green Giant, vegetables are picked at the peak of perfection and frozen or canned fast to preserve the simple goodness nature intended!

Tell us about your family. How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

Replies

• MomTiara19
    September 22, 2012 at 6:05 AM

Hi,

Add raw mixed vegetables with a ranch dipping sauce....yummo:),or have fun creating your own dipping sauces to spice up your vegetables.Have a dipping station contest with your kids to try new vegetables.

Cooked vegetables on a baked potato with chedder melted on top....yummo:)

Try pureed vegetables and put it in your sauce....shhh they will never know their eating healthy:)

~Tia

• GAmom373
    September 22, 2012 at 7:01 AM
    Serve more fresh veggies with each meal including breakfast, and hide some in meatloaf & casseroles.
  • lala314
    by lala314
    September 22, 2012 at 7:21 AM
    I intend to make a veggie side dish every night.
  • batjmom
    by batjmom
    September 22, 2012 at 7:33 AM
    I pledge to serve more veggies to my family. They already like them but its fun to try new recipes and ideas.
  • batjmom
    by batjmom
    September 22, 2012 at 7:38 AM

My family is willing to try new vegetable when I serve them a couple different ways.  The kids love anything with a cheese sauce or a dip.  I usually put hummus with fresh vegetable and we all love that

• robinkane
    September 22, 2012 at 9:12 AM

When they were young I would hide veggies in food. Meatloaf was real easy as was spaghetti sauce.  As they got older they love their veggies.  I try to roast them in the oven.  They like that best.  Roasted asparagus, cauliflower and brussel sprouts are their favorites.

• LoveMyBoyK
    September 22, 2012 at 9:37 AM
    I use frsh veggies pureed with tomato sauce in pizza sauce or mixd with hamburger in meatballs or meatloaf. DS also loves those wild rice and veggie steamables in the frozen section at the grocery store so I throw those in with hamburger and beans.
  • TerriC
    by TerriC
    September 22, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I make sure to have a veggie in their lunch for school and for dinner.  If it is something they don't like, I keep introuducing it and they normally will start to like it.  My youngest is a bit picky, so I do add pureed veggies into sauces, soups etc.  I even add it into baked goods from time to time.  I am excited to be part of the influencer program and will report back shortly!

• SeventiesChild
    September 22, 2012 at 10:50 AM

Here's what u do:

Wait til their older and they complain: "Mom!  Why dont we have more veggies in the fridge??"   :D

• LuvMySavage
    September 22, 2012 at 11:34 AM
    My toddler loves vegetables, and eats them with most meals and for snack.

Like most toddlers, he is wary of new foods. So, if I would like him to try a new vegetable, I simply put a bowl/plate of the vegetable within his reach, and start snacking on it myself. He will usually take the bait, and want to try whatever it is that I'm having.

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN