CafeMom Team
How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?
September 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Getting your little one to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 50 CafeMom members to take  the One Giant Pledge to get their family to eat more vegetables and gave them a free coupon from Green Giant to get them started.With Green Giant, vegetables are picked at the peak of perfection and frozen or canned fast to preserve the simple goodness nature intended!

Tell us about your family. How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

Replies

• mypbandj
    Jen
    September 21, 2012 at 11:41 PM
    Try them all different ways. Raw,
    Cooked, steamed.
  • mypbandj
    Jen
    September 21, 2012 at 11:41 PM
    Add
    Cheese or dips.
  • godsgirl26
    September 21, 2012 at 11:42 PM
    I always tell my kids to give veggies a try and they always like them. So my kids are very good at eating their veggies.
  • mypbandj
    Jen
    Purée them and put them in food. Like cauliflower purée in Mac n cheese! Spinach purée in brownies.
  • mypbandj
    Jen
    Eat the yourself!
  • reneawesley
    September 21, 2012 at 11:44 PM
    Oldest doesn't eat them, youngest does. I offer them but don't force them on her. She'll come around sometime.
  • rachelannr
    September 21, 2012 at 11:50 PM
    I sit next to my son at dinner so he can see that I eat lots of veggies. If he seems unsure about trying something new, I make a big deal about how good they taste. If he doesn't try something the first time, I wait a week or two and serve it again.
  • rachelannr
    September 21, 2012 at 11:54 PM
    We eat a lot of veggies already, so I think our greatest opportunity to eat more is to add them to breakfast. Frozen veggies are great because they can be quickly prepared and added to omelettes.
  • new_mom808
    September 22, 2012 at 12:12 AM

We add it to smoothies, and favorite dishes.
    My 4 year old thinks macaroni and cheese should have peas in it. He also like spinach on his grilled cheese. We're pretty lucky that even on his pickiest days he'll eat broccoli and carrots (raw).

• e-doolittle
    September 22, 2012 at 2:04 AM
    DS will eat raw veggies but not cooked.