Healthy Moms

CafeMom Team
How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?
September 14, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Getting your little one to eat more veggies can be a tough job but it doesn't have to be. We asked 50 CafeMom members to take  the One Giant Pledge to get their family to eat more vegetables and gave them a free coupon from Green Giant to get them started.With Green Giant, vegetables are picked at the peak of perfection and frozen or canned fast to preserve the simple goodness nature intended!

Tell us about your family. How do you get your kids to eat more vegetables?

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

Replies

• momof3_dll
    September 21, 2012 at 8:55 PM
    Being a mom to 3 picky boys is a challenge to get them to eat veggies. I find that the right seasonings make a big difference and then there's always pureeing the veggies into sauces. Sometimes you gotta be sneaky ;)
  • moroccanmommy
    September 21, 2012 at 9:01 PM
    We encourage .......
  • Bob192
    by Bob192
    September 21, 2012 at 9:06 PM
    I will strive to serve my kids a vegetable at lunch and dinner every day.
  • EmilyQuestions
    September 21, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Grilled vegetables seem to be a hit in my house - onions, mushrooms, peppers in a kabob and asparagus with sea salt. The blackened, char-grilled accents on the veggies add good flavor!

• alliesmom112
    September 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM
    I am taking the pledge to encourage my dd to eat more vegetables
  • Mipsy
    by Mipsy
    September 21, 2012 at 9:50 PM
    I got picked for this influencer and am excited! I get my son to eat veggies by eating them myself! I eat them and show him they are yummy so he eats them to or at the very least will try!
  • HiDi
    by HiDi
    September 21, 2012 at 10:32 PM
    The inticing pre/pep-talk is to 'eat those good for ya' veggies to be able to play,laugh.and live longer!
  • Krysden
    by Krysden
    September 21, 2012 at 10:53 PM

I'm all for the one giant pledge.   Honestly, getting my kids to eat veggies is pretty easy.  They already like them.   That's one thing that I don't usually have much trouble with. 

• mypbandj
    Jen
    September 21, 2012 at 11:40 PM
    Get them to grow their own!
  • mypbandj
    Jen
    September 21, 2012 at 11:40 PM
    Offer offer offer

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts