Alyson121
3 Months of "No processed sugar" and what my tummy looks like now (pics)
September 11, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I've put myself on an "unofficial" challenge and started the "no processed sugar" in June 2012.  Basically i wanted to see if i could eliminate processed sugar in the foods i bought (even if they were organic) and not buy any cane sugar as well (even though i only bought organic raw cane sugar).  What this meant is that any breads, cereals, pasta (before i made my own) sauces, condiments, etc didn't have any processed sugar in them either.  I DID use raw honey, palm sugar, to sweeten my tea or if i baked something.  I just was trying to eliminate the cane and processed sugar. 

So, the first week was a challenge because i REALLY wanted some yummy baked goods with lots of cane sugar.  I also wanted to "treat" myself to some baked goods from our local natural grocery store.  

I'd say by the end of the first 30 days, i didn't have the SUPER strong cravings.  I noticed that eating things like dates and fresh fruit helped with the sugar urges.  Also, the one time i did cave and buy a vegan cookie, i really didn't enjoy it.  Like my body didn't respond the same way it used to in the past. 

Anyway, i'd taken a "before" pic in June of my tummy and just took another pic today.  I REALLY can see a difference in how my tummy looks from not having the processed sugar in my diet.  And this is with me not exercising for hours and hours everyday.  I exercised about 30 minutes a day and some times and less than that on others.  Even more, i sometimes didn't exercise at all.  

Here are the BEFORE pics

Here are the after pics

Replies

• LuvMySavage
    September 12, 2012 at 10:34 AM
    Awesome! You have amazing will power!
  • cleanaturalady
    Kim
    September 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Looking good, mama. 

• evansmommy802
    September 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM
    Wow! Great job! You can totally see a difference!
  • blondeb
    by blondeb
    September 12, 2012 at 10:39 AM

WOW GREAT JOB!!!

• emtgirl885
    September 12, 2012 at 3:19 PM
    You look great!
  • formymunchkins
    September 12, 2012 at 3:34 PM

WOW!! Way to go!! You have great will power!!!

• cmorris1200
    September 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

You rock!!

• Schleetle
    September 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM
    Awesome! Did your kiddos leave you some artwork? Lol
  • Alyson121
    September 12, 2012 at 5:06 PM

Quoting meliscool72:

Amazing !

Thanks!

• Alyson121
    September 12, 2012 at 5:07 PM

Quoting soontobemommie3:

Holy smokes! I wish I had your will power!

It takes about 7 days for your body to detox from the processed sugar and after that it gets a bit easier.