Healthy Moms

Alyson121
3 Months of "No processed sugar" and what my tummy looks like now (pics)
September 11, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I've put myself on an "unofficial" challenge and started the "no processed sugar" in June 2012.  Basically i wanted to see if i could eliminate processed sugar in the foods i bought (even if they were organic) and not buy any cane sugar as well (even though i only bought organic raw cane sugar).  What this meant is that any breads, cereals, pasta (before i made my own) sauces, condiments, etc didn't have any processed sugar in them either.  I DID use raw honey, palm sugar, to sweeten my tea or if i baked something.  I just was trying to eliminate the cane and processed sugar. 

So, the first week was a challenge because i REALLY wanted some yummy baked goods with lots of cane sugar.  I also wanted to "treat" myself to some baked goods from our local natural grocery store.  

I'd say by the end of the first 30 days, i didn't have the SUPER strong cravings.  I noticed that eating things like dates and fresh fruit helped with the sugar urges.  Also, the one time i did cave and buy a vegan cookie, i really didn't enjoy it.  Like my body didn't respond the same way it used to in the past. 

Anyway, i'd taken a "before" pic in June of my tummy and just took another pic today.  I REALLY can see a difference in how my tummy looks from not having the processed sugar in my diet.  And this is with me not exercising for hours and hours everyday.  I exercised about 30 minutes a day and some times and less than that on others.  Even more, i sometimes didn't exercise at all.  

Here are the BEFORE pics

Here are the after pics

Replies

• Alyson121
    September 14, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Quoting mimi1207:

so you did eat all fruits and veggies though. it wasnt a no carb diet?

Yes, i ate fresh produce, dried fruits, nuts, etc.  I just wanted to eliminate PROCESSED sugar, so basically sugars that come with packaged foods. 

• Alyson121
    September 14, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Quoting FabulousMum:

Keep it up baby! Good job.

Thanks mama!!

• cmorris1200
    October 4, 2012 at 11:20 AM
    Bump!!

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups