Mommynwife26
Ideal Protein diet. (PIOG)
January 10, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Has anyone done the ideal protein diet? My Dr recommended it to me and suggested I look into it. I have read that people are having great results on it but I am a little confused on what it consists of and how it works and also what the cost is. I did read that it was pricey. Just looking for any information on it. Thank you!

Replies

• LindaClement
    November 13, 2012 at 1:27 PM

1. Diets only work for the diet industry. Dieting is the ONLY way you can get to 800 pounds.

2. A healthy, moderate lifestyle is cheaper than an unhealthy lifestyle even before factoring in the fun extra costs of metabolic syndrome (also strongly associated with the on-and-off dieting lifestyle.)

Put your walking shoes on, and eat a balanced diet made up of real food --single ingredient food, mostly, the kind without ingredient lists (like apples and potatoes and milk and chicken and fish and lamb and carrots...)

• darbyakeep45
    November 13, 2012 at 5:26 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself:)

Quoting LindaClement:

1. Diets only work for the diet industry. Dieting is the ONLY way you can get to 800 pounds.

2. A healthy, moderate lifestyle is cheaper than an unhealthy lifestyle even before factoring in the fun extra costs of metabolic syndrome (also strongly associated with the on-and-off dieting lifestyle.)

Put your walking shoes on, and eat a balanced diet made up of real food --single ingredient food, mostly, the kind without ingredient lists (like apples and potatoes and milk and chicken and fish and lamb and carrots...)

• mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    November 13, 2012 at 5:42 PM

Never heard of it.

• mp3mom
    by mp3mom
    November 13, 2012 at 5:43 PM

LOL!

Quoting LindaClement:

I don't tend to take dietary advice from GPs... they don't know more about it than the average mechanic, frankly. 

Read, and follow, the USDA food pyramid for a few months... and work out as often as is recommended, and see if you still need a 'diet' that restricts any kind of macro-nutrient (or whole food group).

• Jessmile
    November 19, 2012 at 9:17 AM

Weight Watchers Food Scale

Do you know how Weight Watchers Food Scale work? ok. Let me try to tell you. All food intake must be controlled at all times, and calories must be accurately calculated. So for this practice to be effective, all members should have a Weight Watchers food scale, or a special kind of calculator that can keep track of your caloric intake. In addition to the Weight Watchers scale, a member is aided with a recipe book.

The procedure is simple. Before consuming a food item, one must take note of the item's "points." These points are assigned and developed by experts at Weight Watchers, and they depend on the nutritional content of the food. To date, there are over 450 common food items in the Weight Watchers point book. For instance, a slice of wholemeal toast is equivalent to 2 points.) So before consuming a food item, one must weigh it first to ensure that all the points jibe with those found in the recipe book. Watch the Weight Watchers Food Scale product now at Weight Watchers Food Scale