Mommynwife26
Ideal Protein diet. (PIOG)
January 10, 2012 at 2:57 PM

Has anyone done the ideal protein diet? My Dr recommended it to me and suggested I look into it. I have read that people are having great results on it but I am a little confused on what it consists of and how it works and also what the cost is. I did read that it was pricey. Just looking for any information on it. Thank you!

Replies

• rkoloms
    by rkoloms
    January 11, 2012 at 8:50 PM

Quoting Rsangel64:

Protein is always good for you... i have been doing protein shakes since last June and have never felt better. I have diabetes and Thyroid disease and lost thirty lbs. Add me as a friend for more info.

Protein is NOT always good for you. Too much can lead to kidney disease.

Do you have type 2 diabetes? If so, the healthiest diet for you is a whole foods based, low fat, vegan diet.

• Mommynwife26
    January 12, 2012 at 1:03 PM

Actually he told me to go back to my OB because his practice is the one who is dealing with the ideal protein and also because he is the one who watches my hormone levels with my PCOS. I didn't attend their group meeting about it because they do body assesment in front of everyone and I just don't roll like that. But I have seen a nutritionist for the past year and a half and nothing she has had me do is helping me loose weight in fact I have gained weight since then.

Quoting rkoloms:

Did your doctor refer you to a nutritionist or dietician? Doctors tend to know little about nutrition, other than the chemistry

• fit2page
    July 17, 2012 at 11:34 PM

If you’re having an ideal protein diet, It’s better to have some foods contain protein that fit with the diet program. Generally, proteins that fit to diet program is protein that contain low in saturated fat or cholesterol and should contain many essential nutrients. So, If you want to have a balanced diet, you have to select your foods that contain the requirements that I’ve told before for your diet menu everyday.

The Ideal protein diet is diet with consuming the ideal protein foods only, those are foods that contain low in saturated fat. It’s because saturated fat can raise levels of bad LDL cholesterol in our blood. Therefore we must select our foods like low fat milk, skinless chicken, white-meat, etc. But in some of people cases, the raising of LDL cholesterol levels is caused by dietary cholesterol. So, if you one of them, it’s better to limit your cholesterol by consuming non cholesterol protein such as egg-white, nuts, soy, etc. Learn More how to loose weitht with

ideal protein diet

• fit2page
    October 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM

A common misconception is that by toning abdominal muscles belly fat will simply melt away and the stomach will flatten out. Unfortunately this is not a belly fat cure that works and fast ab workouts don't do much for calorie burning and fat loss. There are several reasons for this but by making simple adjustments in your workout and diet you will soon be on your way to seeing 6 pack abs.

Fast ab workouts that include 100 different styles of crunches are very ineffective for burning fat. The abdominal muscle is a small muscle group and when it is isolated it doesn't require a lot of effort to contract the abs. You can work on toning abdominal muscles while working your whole body and getting a better fat burning workout by adding the right exercises. A stability ball offers several variations of exercises that require not only more core muscles but also stabilizing muscles like your arms and chest.

For get the best abs you must to understand how to do
    belly fat cure recipes

• mypbandj
    Jen
    October 12, 2012 at 10:27 PM

I haven't ever heard of it.

• mypbandj
    Jen
    October 12, 2012 at 10:29 PM

and can we add breastfeeding, car seat safety, discipline, parenting, etc etc etc to the list? LOL

Quoting LindaClement:

I don't tend to take dietary advice from GPs... they don't know more about it than the average mechanic, frankly. 

Read, and follow, the USDA food pyramid for a few months... and work out as often as is recommended, and see if you still need a 'diet' that restricts any kind of macro-nutrient (or whole food group).

• mommythree0508
    October 12, 2012 at 11:36 PM

Quoting reneawesley:

Never heard of it.
  • LindaClement
    October 12, 2012 at 11:59 PM

ABSOLUTELY!!!

Quoting mypbandj:

and can we add breastfeeding, car seat safety, discipline, parenting, etc etc etc to the list? LOL

Quoting LindaClement:

I don't tend to take dietary advice from GPs... they don't know more about it than the average mechanic, frankly. 

Read, and follow, the USDA food pyramid for a few months... and work out as often as is recommended, and see if you still need a 'diet' that restricts any kind of macro-nutrient (or whole food group).

• erikays
    by erikays
    October 13, 2012 at 7:16 AM
    I would find a nutrionist, they can write down a meal plan for you.
  • becky.riley
    November 13, 2012 at 11:26 AM

My sister-in-law is doing the ideal protien diet. She has lost a lot of weight, however in my opinion it can't be healthy. You eat mainly their pre-packaged "food". It is full of chemicals and I just don't see how they can be healthy. You are extremely restricted on what you can and cannot eat. She can barely season what she eats and isn't allowed to put salt on anything. I am not certain, but I am pretty sure that you are not supposed to exercise on the diet, because you only eat about 800-900 calories a day. It's also pretty expensive I think she pays about $100 a week. If I were you I'd see a nutritionist. Eating a balanced diet and moderate exercise is always the way to go. I know someone mentioned it, but too much protein is really bad for you and can cause kidney failure.