Healthy Moms

ziff130
OT -- uh... that's one way to use meat.
by ziff130
September 22, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Did anyone see Lady Gaga at the VMAs?? I just saw it as a waste of meat and can you imagine the smell at the end? haha! I just thought I'd share b/c it totally shocked me to see this. ;)

Replies

• Not.So.Virginal
    September 22, 2010 at 6:52 PM

another style she stole from some1 else (ANTM did this like 3 seasons ago for a photo shoot.)

• IllinoisHawkeye
    September 22, 2010 at 7:05 PM
    I would NOT want to sit down in that dress. Squish! Yuck!
  • runner-mom
    September 22, 2010 at 7:12 PM

I saw that on TV but thought it was fake! So I googled ... it's real meat

http://style.mtv.com/2010/09/13/2010-vmas-was-lady-gagas-meat-dress-real/

On why Lady Gaga chose a meat dress, she told Ellen DeGeneres that it was a symbolic choice: "Well, it is certainly no disrespect to anyone that is vegan or vegetarian. As you know, I am the most judgment-free human being on the earth. However, it has many interpretations, but for me this evening ... If we don't stand up for what we believe in and if we don't fight for our rights, pretty soon we're going to have as much rights as the meat on our own bones. And I am not a piece of meat."

• ziff130
    by ziff130
    September 22, 2010 at 7:50 PM

Quoting runner-mom:

On why Lady Gaga chose a meat dress, she told Ellen DeGeneres that it was a symbolic choice: "Well, it is certainly no disrespect to anyone that is vegan or vegetarian. As you know, I am the most judgment-free human being on the earth. However, it has many interpretations, but for me this evening ... If we don't stand up for what we believe in and if we don't fight for our rights, pretty soon we're going to have as much rights as the meat on our own bones. And I am not a piece of meat."

.... interesting.........

• Just-looney
    September 22, 2010 at 7:53 PM
    Wow. She's awesome. But crazy at the same time. But yay yuck. I don't like the smell of meat. I don't even eat meat that often anymore( it's healther lol).
  • runner-mom
    September 22, 2010 at 8:27 PM

Quoting ziff130:

Quoting runner-mom:

.... interesting.........

LOL that's what I thought. If she had a valid point, I'd say good for her, but I just don't know how to take someone seriously who says "I am not a piece of meat" but wears nothing but underwear in her music videos (seriously, in the "telephone" video she just has on like a thong .Nothing else).    I walk a fine line with this....I'm not offended in the slightest by nudity or the human body....BUT your choice in clothes and the way you carry yourself is what makes you a sex symbol...so if you don't want to be a piece of meat....

But then again, this is Lady Gaga.  Maybe that's not even what she was referring to . LMAO!

• inkedmomma84
    September 22, 2010 at 10:41 PM

I'm sorry, but when I heard that, I was like, that makes absolutely no effing sense whatsoever...it's like she just made something up on the spot that sounded "creative and artsy". Complete BS.

Quoting runner-mom:

• e-doolittle
    September 23, 2010 at 12:03 AM

I agree with this.  In addition, while I do eat meat, the thought of cold meat all over my body grosses me out almost as much Heather's post about milk

Quoting inkedmomma84:

I'm sorry, but when I heard that, I was like, that makes absolutely no effing sense whatsoever...it's like she just made something up on the spot that sounded "creative and artsy". Complete BS.

Quoting runner-mom:

• smurfy88
    September 23, 2010 at 12:51 PM

yuck

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts