Healthy Moms

ziff130
What do you see in the mirror?
by ziff130
September 16, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Part of health is a healthy image of oneself so, when you look in the mirror, what do you see? Not necessarily looks but personality or anything. What/Who do you see?

Replies

• vv56964
    by vv56964
    September 16, 2010 at 1:29 PM

It depends on what is going on in my life. Right now I see someone who is not perfect, but running ragged trying:) 

• SabrinaLC
    September 16, 2010 at 2:02 PM

I try to be positive so I see a pretty face but behind it I can still see sadness.

I try to avoid looking below my face because I'm only 3 months postpartum and I'm still not happy with what I see there.

• e-doolittle
    September 16, 2010 at 2:23 PM

I try to be positive.  Right now I am run down so I don't like looking at myself.

• smurfy88
    September 16, 2010 at 3:11 PM

I don't like looking the mirror. I don't mind my face, but I have struggled with liking my body since I was about 9 years old.

• inkedmomma84
    September 16, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I see a pregnant woman who weighs 10 lbs less than she did in her last pregnancy!!!! And who is ready to pop!! WOOHOO!

dancing

• DestMasters
    September 16, 2010 at 4:48 PM

I see my grandmother and if I smile, I see my dad. No, really. Those aren't neccessarily bad things. :)

I do see things that weren't there a decade ago.  When did these THINGS appear on the side of my face? I think they're called jowls and if I understand, weight has nothing to do with them. It's all gravity, baby.  Guess that means I need to walk on my hands for the next 50 years.

I see determination, exhaustion and often times, confusion.

• runner-mom
    September 16, 2010 at 4:53 PM

depends on the day.  Somedays, I see the start of crows feet, the awful extra skin on my stomach from my pregnancies, the stretch marks, the bags under my eyes, etc.

More often, I see one badass marathon/triathlon straight A student mama.  One who leaps fires and dives into open water swims even though she's terrified of both.  Legs that can run 26.2 miles at once, a stomach that grew two beautfiul baby boys, and a face weathered from so much laughing and enjoying the beautiful outdoors.

I've found the second outlook resutls in much better days, so I tend to go with that one  :)

• ziff130
    by ziff130
    September 16, 2010 at 7:28 PM

Quoting vv56964:

It depends on what is going on in my life. Right now I see someone who is not perfect, but running ragged trying:) 

None of us are perfect and I think that's all we can do. :)

• ziff130
    by ziff130
    September 16, 2010 at 7:29 PM

Quoting SabrinaLC:

I try to be positive so I see a pretty face but behind it I can still see sadness.

I try to avoid looking below my face because I'm only 3 months postpartum and I'm still not happy with what I see there.

awww... HUGS!! YOu look beautiful in the profile pic, momma! :)

• ziff130
    by ziff130
    September 16, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Quoting smurfy88:

I don't like looking the mirror. I don't mind my face, but I have struggled with liking my body since I was about 9 years old.

I saw the pic you posted in the picture post and you look great!! :) I am sorry that you've struggled with it but I'm sure others see you completely differently. =o)

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN