Healthy Moms

ziff130
What do you see in the mirror?
by ziff130
September 16, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Part of health is a healthy image of oneself so, when you look in the mirror, what do you see? Not necessarily looks but personality or anything. What/Who do you see?

Replies

• ziff130
    by ziff130
    September 16, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Quoting DestMasters:

I see my grandmother and if I smile, I see my dad. No, really. Those aren't neccessarily bad things. :)

I do see things that weren't there a decade ago.  When did these THINGS appear on the side of my face? I think they're called jowls and if I understand, weight has nothing to do with them. It's all gravity, baby.  Guess that means I need to walk on my hands for the next 50 years.

I see determination, exhaustion and often times, confusion.

rolling on floor

• ziff130
    by ziff130
    September 16, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Woo-hoo!! Awesome job!!! Did you do something differently this pregnancy or is that just how it happened?

Quoting inkedmomma84:

I see a pregnant woman who weighs 10 lbs less than she did in her last pregnancy!!!! And who is ready to pop!! WOOHOO!

dancing

• ziff130
    by ziff130
    September 16, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Quoting runner-mom:

depends on the day.  Somedays, I see the start of crows feet, the awful extra skin on my stomach from my pregnancies, the stretch marks, the bags under my eyes, etc.

More often, I see one badass marathon/triathlon straight A student mama.  One who leaps fires and dives into open water swims even though she's terrified of both.  Legs that can run 26.2 miles at once, a stomach that grew two beautfiul baby boys, and a face weathered from so much laughing and enjoying the beautiful outdoors.

I've found the second outlook resutls in much better days, so I tend to go with that one  :)

You rock and are my inspiration!! I don't think I'll every be in a marathon or triathalon but I will strive to be more like you! hehe! I get excited when I run 3-5 miles. :)

• inkedmomma84
    September 16, 2010 at 8:59 PM

I worked a lot harder at staying fit and eating better (ran a 1/2 marathon at 8 weeks!). It wasn't perfect, but I did my best. Overall, I feel much better and look much better than I did last time...makes me feel good and READY to have this baby!! :)

Quoting ziff130:

Woo-hoo!! Awesome job!!! Did you do something differently this pregnancy or is that just how it happened?

Quoting inkedmomma84:

I see a pregnant woman who weighs 10 lbs less than she did in her last pregnancy!!!! And who is ready to pop!! WOOHOO!

dancing

• ziff130
    by ziff130
    September 17, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Wow!! I'm so impressed that you ran a half marathon at EIGHT weeks! I remember being so sick then and if I run to hard I get sick even when I'm not pregnant. I can't imagine doing that WHILE in my first trimester!! I'm very impressed. :)

Quoting inkedmomma84:

I worked a lot harder at staying fit and eating better (ran a 1/2 marathon at 8 weeks!). It wasn't perfect, but I did my best. Overall, I feel much better and look much better than I did last time...makes me feel good and READY to have this baby!! :)

Quoting ziff130:

Quoting inkedmomma84:

dancing

• smurfy88
    September 17, 2010 at 11:09 AM

thank you :)

Quoting ziff130:

Quoting smurfy88:

I don't like looking the mirror. I don't mind my face, but I have struggled with liking my body since I was about 9 years old.

I saw the pic you posted in the picture post and you look great!! :) I am sorry that you've struggled with it but I'm sure others see you completely differently. =o)

• Vixiel
    by Vixiel
    October 3, 2010 at 3:24 AM

hope

• GLiTTeRgUrL7
    October 3, 2010 at 5:05 AM

Being almost 40, I am starting to see signs of aging in my face. I am getting grey hair so I am forced to color my hair more now. I am not a fan of the aging process, lol!

• runner-mom
    October 3, 2010 at 8:02 AM

Quoting ziff130:

Quoting runner-mom:

depends on the day.  Somedays, I see the start of crows feet, the awful extra skin on my stomach from my pregnancies, the stretch marks, the bags under my eyes, etc.

More often, I see one badass marathon/triathlon straight A student mama.  One who leaps fires and dives into open water swims even though she's terrified of both.  Legs that can run 26.2 miles at once, a stomach that grew two beautfiul baby boys, and a face weathered from so much laughing and enjoying the beautiful outdoors.

I've found the second outlook resutls in much better days, so I tend to go with that one  :)

You rock and are my inspiration!! I don't think I'll every be in a marathon or triathalon but I will strive to be more like you! hehe! I get excited when I run 3-5 miles. :)

awww thank you :)  I missed this last time! (thanks to whomever bumped it back up).  You SHOULD be excited over 3-5 miles, that's A LOT more than the average person does!!!!

• Pherlyce
    October 3, 2010 at 8:20 AM

I see my kids faces :) I probably 44 yrs. old but I see happiness, energy, optomistic, sillyness, and love.  " I like me :D "

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN