ziff130
What do you see in the mirror?
by ziff130
September 16, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Part of health is a healthy image of oneself so, when you look in the mirror, what do you see? Not necessarily looks but personality or anything. What/Who do you see?

Replies

• ziff130
    by ziff130
    September 16, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Quoting DestMasters:

I see my grandmother and if I smile, I see my dad. No, really. Those aren't neccessarily bad things. :)

I do see things that weren't there a decade ago.  When did these THINGS appear on the side of my face? I think they're called jowls and if I understand, weight has nothing to do with them. It's all gravity, baby.  Guess that means I need to walk on my hands for the next 50 years.

I see determination, exhaustion and often times, confusion.

rolling on floor

• ziff130
    by ziff130
    September 16, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Woo-hoo!! Awesome job!!! Did you do something differently this pregnancy or is that just how it happened?

Quoting inkedmomma84:

I see a pregnant woman who weighs 10 lbs less than she did in her last pregnancy!!!! And who is ready to pop!! WOOHOO!

dancing

• ziff130
    by ziff130
    September 16, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Quoting runner-mom:

depends on the day.  Somedays, I see the start of crows feet, the awful extra skin on my stomach from my pregnancies, the stretch marks, the bags under my eyes, etc.

More often, I see one badass marathon/triathlon straight A student mama.  One who leaps fires and dives into open water swims even though she's terrified of both.  Legs that can run 26.2 miles at once, a stomach that grew two beautfiul baby boys, and a face weathered from so much laughing and enjoying the beautiful outdoors.

I've found the second outlook resutls in much better days, so I tend to go with that one  :)

You rock and are my inspiration!! I don't think I'll every be in a marathon or triathalon but I will strive to be more like you! hehe! I get excited when I run 3-5 miles. :)

• inkedmomma84
    September 16, 2010 at 8:59 PM

I worked a lot harder at staying fit and eating better (ran a 1/2 marathon at 8 weeks!). It wasn't perfect, but I did my best. Overall, I feel much better and look much better than I did last time...makes me feel good and READY to have this baby!! :)

Quoting ziff130:

Woo-hoo!! Awesome job!!! Did you do something differently this pregnancy or is that just how it happened?

Quoting inkedmomma84:

I see a pregnant woman who weighs 10 lbs less than she did in her last pregnancy!!!! And who is ready to pop!! WOOHOO!

dancing

• ziff130
    by ziff130
    September 17, 2010 at 7:48 AM

Wow!! I'm so impressed that you ran a half marathon at EIGHT weeks! I remember being so sick then and if I run to hard I get sick even when I'm not pregnant. I can't imagine doing that WHILE in my first trimester!! I'm very impressed. :)

Quoting inkedmomma84:

I worked a lot harder at staying fit and eating better (ran a 1/2 marathon at 8 weeks!). It wasn't perfect, but I did my best. Overall, I feel much better and look much better than I did last time...makes me feel good and READY to have this baby!! :)

Quoting ziff130:

Quoting inkedmomma84:

dancing

• smurfy88
    September 17, 2010 at 11:09 AM

thank you :)

Quoting ziff130:

Quoting smurfy88:

I don't like looking the mirror. I don't mind my face, but I have struggled with liking my body since I was about 9 years old.

I saw the pic you posted in the picture post and you look great!! :) I am sorry that you've struggled with it but I'm sure others see you completely differently. =o)

• Vixiel
    by Vixiel
    October 3, 2010 at 3:24 AM

hope

• GLiTTeRgUrL7
    October 3, 2010 at 5:05 AM

Being almost 40, I am starting to see signs of aging in my face. I am getting grey hair so I am forced to color my hair more now. I am not a fan of the aging process, lol!

• runner-mom
    October 3, 2010 at 8:02 AM

Quoting ziff130:

Quoting runner-mom:

depends on the day.  Somedays, I see the start of crows feet, the awful extra skin on my stomach from my pregnancies, the stretch marks, the bags under my eyes, etc.

More often, I see one badass marathon/triathlon straight A student mama.  One who leaps fires and dives into open water swims even though she's terrified of both.  Legs that can run 26.2 miles at once, a stomach that grew two beautfiul baby boys, and a face weathered from so much laughing and enjoying the beautiful outdoors.

I've found the second outlook resutls in much better days, so I tend to go with that one  :)

You rock and are my inspiration!! I don't think I'll every be in a marathon or triathalon but I will strive to be more like you! hehe! I get excited when I run 3-5 miles. :)

awww thank you :)  I missed this last time! (thanks to whomever bumped it back up).  You SHOULD be excited over 3-5 miles, that's A LOT more than the average person does!!!!

• Pherlyce
    October 3, 2010 at 8:20 AM

I see my kids faces :) I probably 44 yrs. old but I see happiness, energy, optomistic, sillyness, and love.  " I like me :D "