Healthy Moms

jess227ny
cooking...
September 14, 2010 at 1:15 PM
Do any of you actually not really like cooking? I mean you do it because its what is healthiest and best for our families but, you kind of dread the whole process itself? Some Mom's are just so natural at whipping up yummy food and they just love cooking and/ or baking. I'm not one of them ...lol. I mean I'm ok as far as what I make it does taste good and I might have spurts of enjoying it but overall I would love to have a private chef...I always tell DH if we won the lotto that's what I would want a private chef to maintain a yummy garden and cook yummy healthy foods and snacks!! Wouldn't that be nice?

Replies

• H.I.S.
    by H.I.S.
    September 14, 2010 at 2:56 PM

I have days where I feel like that, I just don't even want to touch my kitchen lol! Thank goodness my husband LOVES to cook =)

• smurfy88
    September 14, 2010 at 3:02 PM

I dont really like it, i suck at it and i am NOT creative!

• e-doolittle
    September 14, 2010 at 3:31 PM

I enjoy cooking most days.  But I HATE baking.  I need to make and bake all my DS's food from scratch due to his food allergies.  I dread it!

• jess227ny
    September 14, 2010 at 4:52 PM
    Sorry you ladies feel the same but it does feel better to know I'm not the only one...and e-doolittle that must be so hard with your son's allergies. We just moved and I have been so bad eating out more than we should. I try and make the healthiest choices when we do but still I know its still bad. I buy really healthy stuff my kitchen is almost all organic and healthy I just have a problem cooking it...lol. One day at a time, one meal at a time.
  • DestMasters
    September 14, 2010 at 5:34 PM

I love to cook and I'm good at it. I wish I was good at baking. I do enjoy making bread in my bread machine and I've gotten brave enough to mess around and switch recipes for that. I'd love to be able to make a great pie crust but I'm just not a baker.

• rkoloms
    by rkoloms
    September 14, 2010 at 6:10 PM

I hate, loathe, despise, detest cooking

• jess227ny
    September 14, 2010 at 7:57 PM
    Really, I would have totally coined you for a cooking loving queen :) (Its a compliment.)

Quoting rkoloms:

I hate, loathe, despise, detest cooking

• jess227ny
    September 14, 2010 at 7:58 PM
    I'm jealous... send some kitchen love over here please :)

Quoting DestMasters:

I love to cook and I'm good at it. I wish I was good at baking. I do enjoy making bread in my bread machine and I've gotten brave enough to mess around and switch recipes for that. I'd love to be able to make a great pie crust but I'm just not a baker.

• IllinoisHawkeye
    September 14, 2010 at 8:04 PM
    DH loves to cook and does most of it. I enjoy cooking if I have time to plan, have a recipe, and there are no screaming kids. Otherwise I hate having to figure out what to make.

I LOVE to bake though, just don't do it very often.

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN