Healthy Moms

ziff130
Sack lunches/school lunches
by ziff130
July 20, 2010 at 9:57 AM

What do you pack in your kids sack lunches for school or whatever. My kids are 4 and 2 and not in school yet but I was thinking we'd start going to the park and having a picnic pretty regularly. I just don't know what is easy to pack and healthy. I don't want them to get the same things EVERY day. SO... what are some ideas?

Replies

• runner-mom
    July 20, 2010 at 10:03 AM

Mine are ALMOST 4 and 2 , so I'm with you.  No school lunches just yet :)

• DestMasters
    July 20, 2010 at 11:25 AM

Hummus, pita chips or pita, apples, baby carrots.  Yogurt is easy to pack.  Olives (high sodium, I know but kids seem to like them quite a bit), pickles.  I'm starving. LOL

Most of these are easy to pack, especially if you have a decent lunch sack or picnic "kit". 

• minneapolismama
    July 20, 2010 at 11:49 AM

yogurt tubes, frozen. whole wheat tortilla spread with peanut butter and rolled up with a banana inside. peanut butter and jelly "sushi". fruit slices. veggies with hummus or ranch dip. string cheese. cheese cut up with crackers. granola bars- store or homemade. muffins. pitas stufed with hummus and veggies, egg salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, etc. hard boiled eggs. trail mix or dried fruit.

• LeslieFaye
    July 20, 2010 at 12:11 PM

My daughter is 6 and goes to an all day summer program right now. There is a free lunch but I won't let her eat any of the things that they serve (chicken patty, hot dog, cheese burger, chicken nuggets) She is the ONLY one in the program out of 150 kids that brings lunch!

Pb&j on whole wheat is all she wants to eat right now. I use one of those pampered chef sandwich sealers that cuts off the crust (she won't eat it any way and that makes it fun) carrot sticks or celery with peanut butter, string cheese, yogurt, wheat crackers (like tricuits) and cheese, fresh fruit(apple, banana, peach, pear, grapes, berries) granola bars or trail mix, and a frozen water bottle. It keeps everything cold and thaws just in time for lunch. My 12 yo son takes salad a lot with some dressing in a separate container or half of an avocado and some grape or cherry tomatoes.

• KarenaAngel
    July 20, 2010 at 12:15 PM

Does anyone do bento?

• smurfy88
    July 20, 2010 at 12:34 PM

same, mine is 2

Quoting runner-mom:

Mine are ALMOST 4 and 2 , so I'm with you.  No school lunches just yet :)

• ziff130
    by ziff130
    July 20, 2010 at 2:30 PM

Quoting KarenaAngel:

Does anyone do bento?

What is bento?

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts