So, I want you to "make" me three sandwiches.
Sandwich #1: The healthiest sandwich you can think of that would appeal to children (think American children in general - not just our kids who are used to more healthy stuff).
Sandwich #2: Tell me the grossest/least healthy sandwich you'd ever made, seen or heard of... if you can't think of one, make one up.
Sandwich #3: Tell me the healthiest but still tastiest sandwich you've ever eaten. If you're not big on sandwiches, make one up, but it has to be healthy AND still taste good!
Make sure you include the bread, condiments, cheeses (if any), fruits and/or vegetables, whether it's toasted anything like that!
July 16, 2010 at 7:17 PM
*bam* There ya go. You're a sammich.
Joye, you're SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO funny.
July 16, 2010 at 8:06 PMAnother kid sandwich.....wrap (tortilla) with cream cheese, shredded carrot, shredded apple, shredded zucchini. To make it for an adult also add a little onion and garlic salt. SO refreshing, especially when it's so HOT outside!
July 16, 2010 at 9:14 PM
Another kid sandwich.....wrap (tortilla) with cream cheese, shredded carrot, shredded apple, shredded zucchini. To make it for an adult also add a little onion and garlic salt. SO refreshing, especially when it's so HOT outside!
That sounds tasty!
July 16, 2010 at 10:20 PM
1. natural peanut or almond butter with banana and raw local honey, i would try a whole wheat bread even for those not used to it, but maybe use a cookie cutter to make it fun (ds loves his dinosaur sandwich cutter!)
2. any of those absurd burgers from fast food joints with double patties, double cheese, double bacon, etc. ack!
3. my favorite sandwich i make is on sourdough or good rustic artisanal non whole grain bread. it's got homemade spinach basil pesto, roasted red peppers, smoked turkey and havarti cheese. bread buttered on the outside and grilled on a panini press or george foreman. i made it a millon times last summer! my favorite restaurant sandwich i have had this year at least is: Pea Patch – Eggplant, Shiitake, Carrots, Peppers, Tomatoes and Provolone on Wheat with a Poblano Herb Pesto Schmear $6.95 (this was copied and pasted from The Fly Trap menu :) it is sooooo good.
July 16, 2010 at 10:23 PM
rana, i posted before reading but we pretty much posted the same healthy kids sandwich! guess it's a popular one lol.
July 16, 2010 at 10:41 PM
I guess so. :) How funny!
by DestMastersJuly 17, 2010 at 8:36 PM
1. this is hard since I know my kids will eat what some kids won't. Maybe organic, unsweetened nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew, whatever) and raw, local honey on a light whole grain bread. Pretty sure that's been mentioned.
2. I didn't make it but I bought it and ate it...okay, I bought several over the years while living in Philly. A cheesesteak from Pat's where they use Cheeze Whiz, tons of greasy sliced 'steak' and friend onions, peppers and mushrooms on a white hoagie roll.
3. I have two tied for this. One is a sprouted wrap with a "smear" of good hummus, grated cucumber, thin sliced avocado and some chopped black olives. Two is basil pesto, a slice of red tomato, fresh hand-wrapped mozerella (one slice) and a few spinach leaves on a whole grain roll.
by ziff130July 17, 2010 at 10:25 PM
I was reading over some of these and was trying to figure out #1 was so healthy on some of these. I misread.... I thought it said unhealthy -- thus my grilled cheese on white suggestion. LOL!! Ooops!! Let me try that one again. :)
My kids love almond butter and honey sandwiches on wheat bread. Yummers!! :) Often followed w/ a cup of almond milk. ;)
How did you do that little finger thing in the subject line? hehe
Okay, sorry... back on topic here.
1) Grilled Cheese Sandwich on white bread
2) I'm ashamed to admit that dh used to eat these... absolutely disgusting. A hamburger bun w/ a beef patty topped with chilli and then nachos with cheese drenched on top of that and then the top but. Ick! I used to tell him it was a heart attack on a plate but he doesn't care about stuff like that.
3) I love to eat whole wheat bread w/ an avacado spread on it, tomato slices and pepper. I often leave the top bread off and microwave it so its just a little bit warm. Yum yum!