Healthy Moms

alyandalsmom
The Gazelle
July 6, 2010 at 11:45 AM

A friend of mine has a gazelle exerciser. He doesn't use it and asked me if I want it. I tried it out and I don't feel like I'm getting a work out on it at all. Does anyone have on of these or have you heard anything about it? I'm debating on taking it or not. I think a tredmill would be better. What do you think?

Replies

• emhain
    by emhain
    July 6, 2010 at 11:49 AM

I have one. It works okay for me, but not great. I get my heart rate up if I use it for a long enough time and I found that by leaning forward or back, I can put more work onto certain muscle groups. But I've yet to break a sweat.

I can't use a lot of traditional things (like a treadmill) because of a hip injury. So for me, it's the best option. That said, I only use it in the wintertime because it's easier (and nicer) for me to just walk in the nice weather.

• ptldrose
    July 6, 2010 at 1:06 PM

Is it the kind with resistances?  I have had two different types, one had no resistance, and if you bend your knees it works your legs really good, but I also had one you can add the resistant bar thing and that was really hard and did give me a good work out, but at the time I didn't use that part because I was 216lbs and lazy, I should pull it out again and see how well I do with it now, since I have lost 70lbs

• suznbnd
    by suznbnd
    July 6, 2010 at 1:25 PM

I have one of the sturdier ones.  It is behind my couch and I do it while watching tv.  I don't know how much it helps but it has to be better then sitting on the couch.  However, if you have the option for getting a treadmill.  I would choose that.

• smurfy88
    July 6, 2010 at 4:40 PM

I have never heard of it

• ziff130
    by ziff130
    July 6, 2010 at 4:46 PM

I don't even know what that is. Do you mind posting a picture?

• sherriet
    July 6, 2010 at 5:17 PM

It worked for me until my hip went wonky.  Leaning forward and backward will help you strengthen muscles, and if you increase your speed you will sweat. 

And if it's free v. buuying a treadmill, go for free.  :-)  You can always pas it on later.

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts