Healthy Moms

KTMOM
Energy WITHOUT caffeine.
by KTMOM
June 13, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I am caffeine free.  Summertime in TN kicks my butt.  The heat and humidity literally suck the life out of me to where I am lethargic and sluggish.  I drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruits and veggies and take supplements.  What do you do to gain energy without caffeine?

Replies

• anklebitr
    June 13, 2010 at 9:51 PM

I use coffee, I might look into the Ginko and B12.

• CaitsMom408
    June 13, 2010 at 11:05 PM

We are caffeine free in my house as well.  I never want to be 'addicted' to something- so we quit.  Plus I feel so much better, I don't NEED anything to get going in the morning.  Quick bursts of exercise should help with an adrenaline rush.  i can honestly get on the eliptical for 5 min and feel more energized. 

• MelanieLouise
    June 14, 2010 at 11:35 AM

There are days when I get along just great without coffee, because the stars are aligned just right. The kids sleep in and wake up happy and sweet, the house is already clean, I get enough time to do yoga before babies started crawling all over me, and we have lots of fresh fruits in the house. Those days, I don't need any caffeine, and water suits me just fine.

Other days, I crawl out of bed, and know it's a coffee day.

Now that we're TTC, I've made a half-caf mix that I work on all day, and it never really gives me a super caffeine high, just a bit more energy. I also LOVE the flavor of coffee, so I don't think I'll ever give it up (maybe just mix more decaf into my beans).

• evwsquared
    June 14, 2010 at 5:45 PM

When I was pregnant and nursing, I was caffeine free (but I was only a tea drinker, so not as hard of a transition as coffee drinkers would experience). Protein is the best thing to keep energy in you, I've found. Also, the Emergen-C drink packets. I didn't have them while pregnant or nursing, but David will drink them to keep energized before teaching a class. He also uses bananas for that purpose.

Coming to visit me in the cool Bay Area would also give you energy! :)

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN