Healthy Moms

KTMOM
Energy WITHOUT caffeine.
by KTMOM
June 13, 2010 at 3:30 PM

I am caffeine free.  Summertime in TN kicks my butt.  The heat and humidity literally suck the life out of me to where I am lethargic and sluggish.  I drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruits and veggies and take supplements.  What do you do to gain energy without caffeine?

Replies

• anklebitr
    June 13, 2010 at 9:51 PM

I use coffee, I might look into the Ginko and B12.

• CaitsMom408
    June 13, 2010 at 11:05 PM

We are caffeine free in my house as well.  I never want to be 'addicted' to something- so we quit.  Plus I feel so much better, I don't NEED anything to get going in the morning.  Quick bursts of exercise should help with an adrenaline rush.  i can honestly get on the eliptical for 5 min and feel more energized. 

• MelanieLouise
    June 14, 2010 at 11:35 AM

There are days when I get along just great without coffee, because the stars are aligned just right. The kids sleep in and wake up happy and sweet, the house is already clean, I get enough time to do yoga before babies started crawling all over me, and we have lots of fresh fruits in the house. Those days, I don't need any caffeine, and water suits me just fine.

Other days, I crawl out of bed, and know it's a coffee day.

Now that we're TTC, I've made a half-caf mix that I work on all day, and it never really gives me a super caffeine high, just a bit more energy. I also LOVE the flavor of coffee, so I don't think I'll ever give it up (maybe just mix more decaf into my beans).

• evwsquared
    June 14, 2010 at 5:45 PM

When I was pregnant and nursing, I was caffeine free (but I was only a tea drinker, so not as hard of a transition as coffee drinkers would experience). Protein is the best thing to keep energy in you, I've found. Also, the Emergen-C drink packets. I didn't have them while pregnant or nursing, but David will drink them to keep energized before teaching a class. He also uses bananas for that purpose.

Coming to visit me in the cool Bay Area would also give you energy! :)

Healthy Moms

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts