Depression Support Center

Featured Posts
lexismom90
Prayers for a friend RIP
July 14, 2013 at 3:46 AM
Please keep one of my friends and her family in your prayers tonight. She went missing Friday afternoon and was found Saturday in a hotel room. She had committed suicide. I wasn't close to her but I am totally devistated she was the same age as me an her son is the same age as my daughter. I can't stop crying. I don't even know what to do right now.

Replies

• ashleighmama
    July 14, 2013 at 3:58 AM
    Im so sorry mama, Im keeping ALL of you in my prayers. Hugs to you!
  • lucy164
    by lucy164
    July 14, 2013 at 7:16 AM

praying

i'm sorry for your pain.  suicide is probably the most traumatic death for people to endure.  since you didn't know her well, as time passes you will get over it.  there's not much you can do right now except be supportive to her family, most of all her son.

• lyrick24
    July 14, 2013 at 7:17 AM

i am so sorry for your loss. it is ok to cry. i will remember her family and you in my prayers.

• deltathree
    July 14, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Prayers to you and her family.  so sorry - hugs.

• leahbeah143
    July 15, 2013 at 12:47 AM

oh wow, hearing something like that is never easy. Sending hugs

• nai_ryoku
    July 15, 2013 at 7:39 AM

So sorry for your loss. It's ok to grieve for your friend and it's completely understandable the reaction your having. Hang in there!

hugs

• matreshka
    July 15, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I am sorry that happened. I lost my best friend to suicide. I will keep you and her in my thoughts.

• lexismom90
    July 16, 2013 at 3:02 AM
    Thanks everyone. It is just starting to hit me really that she is gone. I have finally gotten in contact with her family and I am heading off a few fundraisers for them so they will have money for a funeral... A lot of people in our community were touched by her. I am still heart broken that her son will never true lay know the amazing person his mom was. We should (hopefully) have a date for the funeral tomorrow. I am really freaking out a out it though because I have a friends wedding (in another town) on Wednesday and Thursday (Wednesday rehursal Thursday wedding) and won't be getting home until sometime Friday afternoon. I am really hoping that the funeral is at a time that I can at least make it to. I want to do so much but really don't know what to do. I just hope she knew how much she was loved.... Well I guess this was more just to get out all of my emotions more than anything. I don't have many people that really understand it.

While I didn't know her that well her son was the same age as my daughter... She was the same age as me... It could have easily been me missing and my family hurting. I have struggled and still struggle with a lot of really bad depression and emotions. I can't even count how many times I have thought of suicide (both before and after having my kids). I know what it feels like to think there is no other way to stop the pain, the agony the voices of hate. I was on the brink so many times. Even getting so close as holding my loaded gun... So I know what it is like to go through those emotions. But I always fell short of the follow through. Right before the end someone would reach out to me and remi d me of how much I was loved and how valuable I was. When all else failed I had you guys for support... And a very understanding husband.

Depression Support Center

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Today's “Featured” Posts
More Featured Posts