Depression Support Center

Anonymous
Kind of don't want to
by Anonymous
March 17, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Go back on my meds. I have been off of them completely for 17 days now and while I do feel my symptoms coming back and driving me nuts again I kind of don't want to start my meds. Off of them I tend to get more done around the house like cleaning and organizing because it is how I can relieve my stress. Any time my anxiety gets really bad or I start getting irritated and mad about something I can clean and organize like crazy and it helps me feel better. When I was on my meds I just didn't want to do any of it unless I had to. I have accomplished way more being off my meds (as far as cleaning and such) then
Being on them. But I know the reason I am getting so much done is because I am getting irritated more easily and the cleaning helps me to calm down.

Replies

• lyrick24
    March 17, 2013 at 7:44 PM

maybe you could use other techniques besides meds to help you get through this. you could see a therapist and learn som skills or get some self-help books off of amazon. 

• matreshka
    March 17, 2013 at 8:22 PM
    17 days is still a time of.withdrawal so it can be really rough. Cleaning is one of the ways I deal with anxiety. I feel better after. Do you at least get some relief with being active cleaning?
  • Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster
    March 17, 2013 at 9:14 PM
    Thanks. I am going to talk to my therapist to see what I can do.

Quoting lyrick24:

maybe you could use other techniques besides meds to help you get through this. you could see a therapist and learn som skills or get some self-help books off of amazon. 

• Anonymous 1
    March 17, 2013 at 9:22 PM
    I thankfully do get relief from it when I am being active and cleaning. Any time I hit one of my moods and start cleaning after a while of cleaning everything land scrubbing I do tend to calm down and be fine. It's just a matter of being able to work through it. If someone interrupts me in this mood though intend to snap at them and be kind of mean about it. But if I have time to just work through and clean I am usually fine afterwards. My kitchen and living room have never been cleaner!!

Quoting matreshka:

17 days is still a time of.withdrawal so it can be really rough. Cleaning is one of the ways I deal with anxiety. I feel better after. Do you at least get some relief with being active cleaning?
  • ashleighmama
    March 18, 2013 at 12:34 AM
    Wow, I think its great if you can be without meds, I wish I didnt have to take them, but I know from past experience that I HAVE to take them. Its great that cleaning de stresses you, I wish it did that for me lol. I agree with the others, talk to your therapist about this. But it sounds like youre doing great! Stay strong mama!
  • Anonymous 1
    March 18, 2013 at 12:43 AM
    Thanks! The only reason cleaning helps is because everything I am cleaning is dirty enough to need scrubbed. So I can chanel the anger I am feeling or irritation or frustration into scrubbing and put force behind it instead of taking it out on someone.

Quoting ashleighmama:

Wow, I think its great if you can be without meds, I wish I didnt have to take them, but I know from past experience that I HAVE to take them. Its great that cleaning de stresses you, I wish it did that for me lol. I agree with the others, talk to your therapist about this. But it sounds like youre doing great! Stay strong mama!

Depression Support Center

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts