Depression Support Center

Anonymous
i have lie to my dr and to myself
by Anonymous
February 10, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Every time i go to my psychiatrist and counselor i lie to them. I do feel like harming myself and yes sometimes i do harm myself. I'm a cutter and have been seen age 13. I'm afraid of telling them that i do harm and have the thoughts. I just don't want to lose my kid and definitely don't want to get lock in a mental hospital. I'm just afraid of what will happen.

Replies

• ZakkarysMom
    February 10, 2013 at 9:18 PM
    You need to be honest with your doctors. That is the only way they can help you. And by telling them you have thoughts of hurting yourself.. I dont think they would have your child taken away. It hasnt happened to me. I was even honest in telling my dr I was having thoughts of hurting my kids (when i had ppd..and i never did hurt them) They werent taken from me. You cant get the help you need if you are not completely honest.
  • mrsvixen
    February 10, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I don't think you'd loose your children mamma, and you wouldn't be locked up for that. But how can you get help if you don't tell him the truth?

• Tracys2
    by Tracys2
    February 10, 2013 at 9:43 PM

There are people here who've cut, and they will be able to give you real-world advice.

• leahbeah143
    February 10, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Quoting Tracys2:

There are people here who've cut, and they will be able to give you real-world advice.

this.

and I don't think they will have your kids taken away or immediately lock you up. They will probably try to help you with coping skills and triggers.

*hugs*

• lyrick24
    February 11, 2013 at 6:29 AM

youre not going to lose your kid if you tell them and  yes they need to know or how else can they help you.

• matreshka
    February 11, 2013 at 7:56 AM

None of that will happen if you tell them. I know the shame and fear of admiting to it.  Eventually they are going to see the self harm.

I used to cut.  I have kids and my doc and therapist know.  they have never thrown me in the hospital for self harm.

I strongly encourage you to work with your therapist to learn ways to avoid the urge to cut and distract yourself with something positive.  I hold an ice cube or do somethign with my hands like crafts or cooking.  it helps.

• KVnC
    by KVnC
    February 11, 2013 at 11:29 AM
    I been thru this but you have to be honest unless u don't want help for real. As long as ur not SUICIDAL just harming I'm pretty sure they can't lock u up. Its better to get help than go on like that forever
  • icn_mom
    by icn_mom
    February 11, 2013 at 1:47 PM

It is never safe to lie to your doctors. I understand the fear of losing your children and being locked in a mental facility, but for your safety, its best to be honest. There are wonderful out patient programs that could be very benficial to you, but without being honest, you will never be reffered to them.

• deamonlove1214
    February 11, 2013 at 3:58 PM
    Hugs to you mama. I my self cut and know what it is like. I know its tough to let the docs know what you do for fear of what the outcome might be. No they will not take your kids away or lock you up. Try opening up a little at a time. If you need any one to talk to for any reason im here and so are other moms. Hugs and hang in there.
  • Serenity7
    February 11, 2013 at 5:10 PM

((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

Depression Support Center

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN