Depression Support Center

ZakkarysMom
Do you sometimes go days without a shower?
February 9, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I do. :( Ive been more depressed lately and find it takes a lot of energy to take a shower. Sad, I know.

Replies

• 1stpreggers
    February 9, 2013 at 10:37 PM
    I used to stay in bed for days without showering. Idk why depression and showering don't mix. Now that you mention it I should prob shower today.
  • rishsticks
    February 9, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Unfortunately when I am feeling down, yes.

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    February 9, 2013 at 10:49 PM
    Yea I find myself over thinking things, and feeling down about a lot.
  • ZakkarysMom
    February 9, 2013 at 10:51 PM
    Before kids I would stay in bed all day. Dont have that option now. Thats a good thing though.

Quoting 1stpreggers:

I used to stay in bed for days without showering. Idk why depression and showering don't mix. Now that you mention it I should prob shower today.

• Anonymous 2
    by Anonymous 2
    February 9, 2013 at 10:59 PM
    Oh yes days like if I dont have to see anyone and all I have to do is take my son to school and pick him up i will go a good week. Its sad!!
  • ashleighmama
    February 10, 2013 at 1:59 AM
    Yep, Ive had my times whem I dont shower. Whenever Im SUPER depressed, I go for days with no shower. I think it was in Dec., I went through a MAJOR depression, I was basically non functioning for over a week, I went 5 days with no shower and like 11 days without shaving my legs. I was a sight to behold lol! On the 6th day, hubby actually ran a bath for me, told me to get in, that I was starting to stink, lol, so I bathed. It is SUCH an effort when Im super depressed. When Im having an ok day, I try to be sure to shower because a major funk can overtake me anytime, so I really never know when my next shower will be. Its sad but true :-(
  • lyrick24
    February 10, 2013 at 5:31 AM

i have been doing the same thing. i went so long i was ashamed of myself but it is all i can do to just get out of bed. to think of getting a shower seems like a big job. i can understand where youre coming from.

• Anonymous 3
    by Anonymous 3
    February 10, 2013 at 5:43 AM

Yep.  I feel so much better when I finally do get in there and shower, but it's just getting the motivation to do it .......

• matreshka
    February 10, 2013 at 8:35 AM

Its such a common side effect of depression. It seems lie we all go days without showering. I do.  In the past it woudl be like a week, now its just 2 days.  I FORCE myself in the shower and I tell myself, wash your hair, rinse, wash your skin, shave, wash your face until I get out.  That seems to help.

• leahbeah143
    February 10, 2013 at 9:49 AM

no, showering is one of the things I do manage to do every day ~ mostly because I have to work

Depression Support Center

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN