Depression Support Center

matreshka
I don't even know anymore
February 9, 2013 at 4:27 PM

No meds help me, I have been in the psych system since 14, i go to therapy, I have a safe life with little drama.  Still my mood swings are terrible.  I just want to be "normal."

Replies

• lyrick24
    February 9, 2013 at 4:35 PM

i can so relate to you. i feel like i am in the same boat. it just gets tiring after a while. but i have to go on for my family and so do you matreshka.

• jalex
    by jalex
    February 9, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Have you tried horses?  New research shows that they can really improve your mental heath.  I want to do it, but paying for my son with aspergers to go.  I can see how nature and animals can help.

You can meditate?  I try to hard, but my anxiety is a mess........

Who says what is normal?  We are, we just have active moods :)

• Tracys2
    by Tracys2
    February 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I wish I could help you, tell you what the answer is. But all I know is I like seeing you here. You are so smart and kind and interesting! 

• ruggy03
    by ruggy03
    February 9, 2013 at 7:35 PM
    Whats normal really?We are women we have mood swings some worse than others.my bf timed me yesterday in 40 min i went from nice and talking to wanna break something to crying.....yeah i am a joy to be around .hahahah
  • shesliketx
    February 9, 2013 at 7:39 PM
    Normal is a lie. Normal is different for everyone and we're all screwed up...some of us are more honest with our feelings than others.
  • maryjmom
    February 9, 2013 at 8:35 PM

I'm in the same boat as you honey. No matter what I do, nothing seems to work. I'm almost ready to just give up.

• Sarah14094
    February 10, 2013 at 1:34 AM
    This is a great idea! My cats are my saviors sometimes. Horses, to me, have the douls of people. But I believe any pet can help. Truly. Other thsn the freskin' zanax that I dont want, my pets help me so much.

Quoting jalex:

Have you tried horses?  New research shows that they can really improve your mental heath.  I want to do it, but paying for my son with aspergers to go.  I can see how nature and animals can help.

• Sarah14094
    February 10, 2013 at 1:35 AM
    *souls*

Quoting Sarah14094:

This is a great idea! My cats are my saviors sometimes. Horses, to me, have the douls of people. But I believe any pet can help. Truly. Other thsn the freskin' zanax that I dont want, my pets help me so much.

Quoting jalex:

• Sarah14094
    February 10, 2013 at 1:40 AM
    jalex, have you tried starting at any farm in your area that opens to the public? zJust to look and pet? Sometimes looking into into the eyes and stroking there noses is therapy withou the cost. I know Halloween time is big in my area, but I know some well known farms here that I wouldnt hesitate to at least csll and ask to visit.
  • Sarah14094
    February 10, 2013 at 1:49 AM
    I really hsve no advice thsn what others have said below. I wish I could help as your questions and comments on my posts have helped me think hard about stuff. So I want you to know that you are not alone, I, and Im sure many others, feel as you do now. We need to reinvent "normal". We are unique. We are special in a positive way. We, on this forum, are all down with our crazy crap, but who says we arent normal and just have crappy luck in conquering life. I relate! I want to enjoy life!! And it is lonely and shitty that we dont. Someday, it will be our turn. I believe that with my entire being. Hang in there.

Quoting matreshka:

No meds help me, I have been in the psych system since 14, i go to therapy, I have a safe life with little drama.  Still my mood swings are terrible.  I just want to be "normal."

Depression Support Center