Depression Support Center

Featured Posts
Alhnmer09-11
My Momma
February 2, 2013 at 11:42 PM
I wrote this, just now. Tears flow but I know it's true.

She

Voice so soft, so sweet, so strong. Lord I pray don't take her home. Loved so much, needing her here. Scared to face this world without her by my side. Her smile, her hugs, her unfailing love. Her thoughtful words not knowing they were needed. Her hands so soft, giving her lifetime to raise her own and others. Never turning away even the meanest of people, she finds good in all she meets.
Still a child at heart, heart of gold. Body so tired, still pushing forward to see the day she hurts no more.
Selfish? That I am I want her here with me. I know one day she will be whole again with no pain, no hurt, no fear. That is the day I fear the most. No more smiles, no more laughter, no more hugs, no more thoughtful words. Just the smile that victory has been won, this life is gone. She will be free, whole, happy, rejoicing with ones gone on before her. Standing at the gate she knows she will wait, victory will be won for each. She will rejoice and with arms wide open, she will hold me once more. This time she will never let go, she knows I'm here to stay, we have made it to eternity. Our family whole again, no pain, no hurt, just love, laughter, hugs, words so meaningful. A child she is, always to stay.

She has been sick pretty much since I was a child and the passed 4-5 years she has been getting sicker. Smoking hasn't helped out. She has severe heart problems, lung problems, and what is called Common Variable Immine Disorder. She will be 51 years old this year.

Replies

• ashleighmama
    February 3, 2013 at 1:34 AM
    Wow, that was very touching. Im so sorry youve had to watch your mom be sick since your childhood, I cant even imagine the pain of that. Are you going to show this to your mom? You should, its really nice. Hugs!
  • Alhnmer09-11
    February 3, 2013 at 1:37 AM
    Thank you. I'm thinking about it. I showed it to my Daddy and he liked it.
  • lyrick24
    February 3, 2013 at 5:56 AM

im sorry your mother is so sick. that is a beautiful poem.

• Serenity7
    February 3, 2013 at 10:33 AM

((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

• Tracys2
    by Tracys2
    February 3, 2013 at 3:46 PM

so sorry about your mother. She sounds wonderful!

• daysfan2004
    February 3, 2013 at 7:08 PM

hugs 

• leahbeah143
    February 3, 2013 at 10:09 PM

big hugs ~ your writing is beautiful

• dizzy77702
    February 4, 2013 at 8:20 AM
    That was beautiful. I almost cried. Very touching. I would share it with your mother if you haven't already. I'm sure she would appreciate it.
  • nai_ryoku
    February 4, 2013 at 9:45 AM

You have shared some beautiful words and what love you have for your mom. It's sentiments like that that keep me going for my kids :)

• Alhnmer09-11
    February 4, 2013 at 2:34 PM
    Thank you all. I have shared this with my Mom, and she loves it, :-)
    Feel free to use this writing if you like.

Depression Support Center

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts