Depression Support Center

Featured Posts
icn_mom
and today i cried (UPDATE)
by icn_mom
January 30, 2013 at 9:57 AM

this has been the morning from hell... my dd had one of her meltdown and kept slamming her door and walls, well in the midst of all the shaking of the walls, the shelf that held all my glass nic nacs came crashing down, glass everywhere, child screaming, i couldnt take it... i fall to the floor and start sobbing like a new born baby.. I dont know what to do.. i cant help her, i cant help me... im heartbroken.

Her doctor put her back on her risperdol! thank the lord and the angels!!! hopefully it will kick in quickly!!!

Replies

• jalex
    by jalex
    January 31, 2013 at 4:44 PM

My son has aspergers and I can totally understand.  *hugs* We have good and bad days ;/

• elwalters77
    January 31, 2013 at 7:31 PM
    Hugs
  • lyrick24
    February 1, 2013 at 3:39 AM

i take risperdal too and it helps me alot.

• Serenity7
    February 1, 2013 at 4:39 AM

(((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))

• icn_mom
    by icn_mom
    February 1, 2013 at 6:21 AM

Quoting lyrick24:

i take risperdal too and it helps me alot.

She had been on if almost a year, and then she started having strange issues like complaining her stomach hurts (to the point she wasnt eating) the doctor felt it could be the risperdol that was causing it so he took her off of it. She complained less of her stomach hurting and ate some (not enough to suffice so we are still doing tube feeds) but he figured since it wasnt a drastic turn around and she is a danger to herself and others during her meltdowns, hed put her back on just a bit of a lower dose (guess she was maxing out on the dose she was on so a little tweaking could be done).. im just so thankful that she is back on it now, I quite honestly wasnt sure what we were going to do!! (but yes i completly agree risperdol DOES help I am so thankful for it!!)

• Tracys2
    by Tracys2
    February 1, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Hope it's better soon- hugs!

• matreshka
    February 1, 2013 at 9:25 AM

It's okay to break down and cry.  It's important to let your emotions out. Having a child with Autism is such hard work and it takes its toll.  Maybe you need to have a regular break? 

• icn_mom
    by icn_mom
    February 1, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Quoting matreshka:

It's okay to break down and cry.  It's important to let your emotions out. Having a child with Autism is such hard work and it takes its toll.  Maybe you need to have a regular break? 

i take some breaks.. like today i went away for the day by myself, it was very nice and refreshing.. three times a week i go to the gym and work off extra stress and such.. I just have carried so much around for so long.. I dont allow myself to feel sad very often just my upbringing I guess.

• matreshka
    February 2, 2013 at 9:27 AM

That is how my upbring was, we never showed emotion and never talked about anything.  I am an extremely sensitive person and that was hard for me and still is today.  I had a complete breakdown at 27 because I stuffed everything inside.  I am almost 35 now and am still learning myself how to let things out before I explode.

Quoting icn_mom:

Quoting matreshka:

i take some breaks.. like today i went away for the day by myself, it was very nice and refreshing.. three times a week i go to the gym and work off extra stress and such.. I just have carried so much around for so long.. I dont allow myself to feel sad very often just my upbringing I guess.

• icn_mom
    by icn_mom
    February 2, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Quoting matreshka:

That is how my upbring was, we never showed emotion and never talked about anything.  I am an extremely sensitive person and that was hard for me and still is today.  I had a complete breakdown at 27 because I stuffed everything inside.  I am almost 35 now and am still learning myself how to let things out before I explode.

Quoting icn_mom:

Quoting matreshka:

I have only had one serious meltdown and that was at 18, I was hospitalized for three weeks.. after that I tried really hard to work through my feelings (even if i didnt show them).. My daughter is now my life and has been for almost 6 years. I believe sadly that she is the only one that can break me, and I have to learn to control that..

Depression Support Center

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts