Depression Support Center

elwalters77
Karaoke contest!
January 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I'm singing in a Karaoke contest tomorrow night! If I qualify for the semi finals I will win a prize and then compete in the semi finals on Wednesday and then if I make it on to the finals they are the next day. Winner gets a $250 cash prize! We could really use that money and even if I don't win, singing will get me exposure for my business.

I used to be a regular. Went to karaoke 2, sometimes 3 times a week for years, but it has been years since I've done it. What should I sing? My usual favorites were "Thank You" by Dido and "Jaded" by Aerosmith. I was thinking Adele, but I'm sure it's overdone, and she's more of an Alto and I'm a Soprano. I can't do Kelly Clarkson because her songs are too low for me and her power notes are right in the break of my voice. I want to do something memorable and entertaining that will show off my voice. Any suggestions?

Replies

• lyrick24
    January 3, 2013 at 2:52 AM

something from christina aguillera maybe. that is what my daughter sings. good luck to you!

• elwalters77
    January 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Quoting lyrick24:

something from christina aguillera maybe. that is what my daughter sings. good luck to you!

She's a good choice for my range!

• matreshka
    January 3, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I am so tone deaf i have no idea.  When I've done karaoke, I just sing what I like and have fun.

Depression Support Center

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN