Depression Support Center

elwalters77
Karaoke contest!
January 2, 2013 at 7:48 PM

I'm singing in a Karaoke contest tomorrow night! If I qualify for the semi finals I will win a prize and then compete in the semi finals on Wednesday and then if I make it on to the finals they are the next day. Winner gets a $250 cash prize! We could really use that money and even if I don't win, singing will get me exposure for my business.

I used to be a regular. Went to karaoke 2, sometimes 3 times a week for years, but it has been years since I've done it. What should I sing? My usual favorites were "Thank You" by Dido and "Jaded" by Aerosmith. I was thinking Adele, but I'm sure it's overdone, and she's more of an Alto and I'm a Soprano. I can't do Kelly Clarkson because her songs are too low for me and her power notes are right in the break of my voice. I want to do something memorable and entertaining that will show off my voice. Any suggestions?

Replies

• lyrick24
    January 3, 2013 at 2:52 AM

something from christina aguillera maybe. that is what my daughter sings. good luck to you!

• elwalters77
    January 3, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Quoting lyrick24:

something from christina aguillera maybe. that is what my daughter sings. good luck to you!

She's a good choice for my range!

• matreshka
    January 3, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I am so tone deaf i have no idea.  When I've done karaoke, I just sing what I like and have fun.

Depression Support Center

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts