Depression Support Center

elwalters77
The stress and anxiety are killing me!
December 8, 2012 at 8:21 AM
Between my insulin pump breaking and realizing how bad off we are financially I am freaking out and on the verge if a panic attack constantly. It's killing me!

Replies

• matreshka
    December 8, 2012 at 9:12 AM

Does your insurance cover it?  It sounds like its a medical necessity.  Your health comes before anything else.  Can any of those diabetes companies that have commercials help you or are they a scam?

• lyrick24
    December 8, 2012 at 9:24 AM

try to calm down some. worrying is not going to solve anything. i think you had a good idea when you said you would get a part time job and help. sell what you can sell or pawn some stuff.

• deltathree
    December 8, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I know it's very hard - but try to calm down - the stress is not good for your health.  Huge hugs.....

• gonecrazi
    December 8, 2012 at 11:22 AM

(((HUGS)) 

• leahbeah143
    December 8, 2012 at 3:03 PM

Aw Erica, I'm sorry!

• mrsvixen
    December 8, 2012 at 11:39 PM
    *hugs* Is it the blood tester, or something else that broke?
  • elwalters77
    December 9, 2012 at 12:31 AM
    It does, but because mine is do old it is no longer under warranty, so it's not like they just overnight me a new one. I needed the Dr to write a script for it and it has to go through an approval process with insurance. Those little suckers are about $7,000!

Quoting matreshka:

Does your insurance cover it?  It sounds like its a medical necessity.  Your health comes before anything else.  Can any of those diabetes companies that have commercials help you or are they a scam?

• elwalters77
    December 9, 2012 at 12:32 AM
    It is a pump that delivers continuous insulin that I must wear at all times. If it doesn't hold up until I get a new one ill have to switch back to 5 shots a day.

Quoting mrsvixen:

*hugs* Is it the blood tester, or something else that broke?
  • matreshka
    December 9, 2012 at 8:08 AM

Is the approval process anything like  a prior auth for meds?  That takes a few days. I would hope that if your doc knew your pump is being held together by TAPE he would do what he can to speed up the process.

Quoting elwalters77:

It does, but because mine is do old it is no longer under warranty, so it's not like they just overnight me a new one. I needed the Dr to write a script for it and it has to go through an approval process with insurance. Those little suckers are about $7,000!

Quoting matreshka:

Depression Support Center

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN