Depression Support Center

Featured Posts
shesliketx
Taking the jump back onto meds.
December 4, 2012 at 8:53 PM

I saw my therapist today (I go for individual counseling and my meds are managed by my psychiatrist), and we agreed that I need to go on antidepressants. I have taken zoloft in the past with no real improve-ment, prozac was okay but not noticeably different.

I am already on 27mg Concerta for my ADHD every day, and I have been reading. I am considering speaking to my psychiatrist about Wellbutrin, can anyone give me any feedback in regards to that prescription?

Thanks.

Replies

• iluvmybabe
    December 4, 2012 at 9:04 PM
    It made me agressive and increased my anxiety
  • Tracys2
    by Tracys2
    December 4, 2012 at 9:14 PM

I'm just checking in because I am in the same boat

• shesliketx
    December 4, 2012 at 9:17 PM
    That's what I'm concerned about. I have enough issues with that in general because of the concerta. I just want something to work. Sigh.

My main goal is to go in as informed as possible.

Quoting iluvmybabe:

• Li.K
    by Li.K
    December 4, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Im on Welbutrin and I like it. Im also on Citalopram... not a fan of that one. I dont like feeling like Im on drugs and citalopram does that to me. 

• Li.K
    by Li.K
    December 4, 2012 at 9:41 PM

I have anxiety and depression. The psy told me that it could make my anxiety worse but I hadnt had that problem. The citalopram's side effects are worse IMO.

• CrystalDawn2506
    December 4, 2012 at 10:43 PM

I liked wellbutrin in the past but with me meds ( antidepressants only )stop working 2-4 weeks in. I mean the depression comes back 10 times worse and I am suicidal or have suicidal thoughts. I was back and forth on antidepressants since age 13 . I told a Dr at a mental hospital that NOTHING was working for my depression he says well lets try this to see if it helps . He put me on Lamictal and it evens out my depression like no other. It will never be gone 100% with meds anyways but its to a point I can use skills to help me through my issues. I am on this cocktail Lamictal 200mg 1 per day,Klonopin 0.5mg up to 2 per day as needed,Prazosin 1mg up to 3 per night but starting out on 1 per night.

• lyrick24
    December 5, 2012 at 5:14 AM

i take wellbutrin. at first it made me agitated but they changed me to the long acting instead of the regular and i got ok. it works well for me. good luck.

• matreshka
    December 5, 2012 at 9:15 AM

Everyone is different but the same thing happeend to me, I am bipolar though and most anti-depressants except for effexor and cymbalta made me go into mania.

Quoting iluvmybabe:

• SandyLaxner
    December 5, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Wellbutrin made me panicky /anxious,I could not tolerate it.  I'm doing OK on Zoloft and Xanax right now.

Depression Support Center

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts