Depression Support Center

dizzy77702
I should never of become a mom, PIOG
November 18, 2012 at 7:57 PM

I have bipolar disorder, ptsd, and anxiety and while there are other mothers that can function and live normal mom lives, I am not one of them. I am always irritable and moody and short with my kids, then I feel like the worst person ever. I have been on meds since I was 13 and nothing fully helps my symptoms, I've even tried different kinds of therapy hoping that that would help. I don't work bc I would probably go off on someone for the smallest thing and I don't take direction or criticism very well. I am currently on ssdi but it doesn't pay all of my bills, I only get a small amount. Most days I am at my wits end with the house, the kids, my husband or whoever just happens to piss me off that day. No one is safe from my volatile mood swings. I try to practice mindfulness and other dbt skills and when that doesn't work I puff on my electronic cigarette and take another ativan. The meds make me so tired all the time, like I have chronic fatigue or something, I hate living this way but I've tried lots of different things to help get myself out of this rut and nothing seems to be working. I start seeing a new psychiatrist in jan so hopefully he will have some suggestions of meds I haven't tried that won't zombify me. If anyone else is going through something similar, it would be nice to know. I would also like to hear from people who have been there and now feel better, what did you do to help when you were struggling

Replies

• Tracys2
    by Tracys2
    November 18, 2012 at 8:13 PM

I'm sorry you are struggling so bad. A lot of people struggle with impatience- you will see in all the 80s and 90s sitcoms, the moms are known for constantly yelling- but I can almost see through the computer how hard you are struggling.

Wish I had suggestions, I am hoping you can find someone that finds the answers to help you

• Anonymous 1
    by Anonymous 1
    November 18, 2012 at 11:05 PM
    I feel the same way... ((Hugs))
  • mrsvixen
    November 19, 2012 at 12:35 AM
    Does your husband know how your feeling? Does your doctor?
  • reindeer-c
    November 20, 2012 at 4:26 AM

The anxiety meds make me soooo tired too. I am so consumed with all the mental issues I have that  I feel like I am not there for my kids and husband. The guilt is overwhelming. I love my family so much but feel like I am not good enough for them because I am so messed up. It sucks....I can totally relate to how you are feeling. Hugs.

Depression Support Center

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN