Depression Support Center

Spiceypumpkin
Slowly starting to come out of my funk
September 19, 2012 at 10:14 PM

I had my baby girl march 3rd and around 2 1/2 months old I started to notice I didn't want to do anything normal like do dishes, do laundry, or just cook dinner, I didn;t know I had post pardium depress until I read a pamphlet about ppd. I then proceeded to call the Women & Infants Post Partium day hospitial in Providence, Rhode Island/ It definently helped, but I began to relapse into a depression and anxiety state again at 5 1/5 months so I am back in the day program. I can say if anyone has post pardium depression look into this day hospitial it really has made a difference in my life.

Replies

• mikala76
    September 19, 2012 at 11:10 PM
    I'm glad you're getting help. I hope things get easier for you
  • matreshka
    September 20, 2012 at 7:35 AM

That's great you called and tha they have good resources in RI!  Good Luck Momma!

• mommy425906
    October 7, 2012 at 12:52 PM

Sounds like an awesome resource!! My PPD/Anxiety hit when my DD was 3 mos. I got on meds & saw immediate improvement. But then I relapsed again about 3 or 4 mos after that. They upped my meds & then I started seeing improvement again. Now its been almost a year since the PPD started & I feel soooo much better!! I still have good days & bad, but now its easier to handle the bad days.

• lyrick24
    October 7, 2012 at 3:44 PM

i have been through day programs also and i think they are great! hope you feel better soon. i had ppd after my first child.

• leahbeah143
    October 7, 2012 at 7:41 PM

good for you for getting help! I hope that you continue to see improvement :-)

Depression Support Center

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN