Depression Support Center

Featured Posts
Cafe Kelly
Welcome to Depression Support Center! Please introduce yourself.....
February 16, 2012 at 4:35 PM

welcomeWelcome to Depression Support Center!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Depression Support Center Group Signatures!

Check put some of these great posts in the group!

Share Your Best Mood Boosters!

Where to Turn for Help

Daily Check-In  

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

Replies

• navypolicewife
    September 27, 2012 at 8:48 AM

Hi everyone. My name is Nicole I am 31 years old and have been living with social anxiety for as long as I can remember. I married my high school sweetheart :-) he joined the Navy right out of high school n still in and we got married the year after in 2000. We have 3 wonderful kids. 2 boys and our daughter. 11,9,n 5. I have such a hard time opening up even saying hello to new people. Moving so often is hard I have y husband and kids and pretty much that is all I talk to here. I want to open up and make new friends but its so hard. So much easier to say it then do it :-( The last 4 years have the the hardest been through so much I started feeling depressed and now after so many years finally seeking the help I need. I am hoping to meet others who share the same difficulties and make great new friends ;-)

• melmoe
    by melmoe
    September 29, 2012 at 11:30 AM
    Hi my name is Melissa and I am 30 year old mom to beautiful daughters; Lillian 6 and Peyton 3. I was diagnosed with generalized anxiety and possibly depression back in July. I am currently not on medication but am getting therapy.

I saw this group and thought I would check it out. I thought it might be helpful for me since I don't have a support system. I don't have very many friends and the ones I do have; have so many things going on there own lives i don't know how much help they would be. I can't talk to my family because they just don't understand and not only that wen dontn talk about anxiety or depression in my family whatever the problem is you deal with it and move on.
  • hurstsey
    September 29, 2012 at 7:13 PM

Hello, my name is Kristie. I was diagnosed with depression after my last daughter was born, but I think I have had it much longer. I was marred for 13 yrs, and have been divorce since 2004 and we have 3 kids together. He was mentally and emotionally abusive to me and the kids. I have been reading some articles about sociopaths and I think my ex is one, just from reading about the symptoms and behaviors, and now he is trying to get custody of our youngest daughter who is 9. Here is a link to an article if you like to read more about sociopaths. http://www.youmeworks.com/sociopaths.html. I have been going throught it with this man for years, and some days I don't know how much more I can take.

• zmans_mommy
    October 4, 2012 at 10:34 AM

I'm Kirsten. I'm 24, I've been depressed since I was about 13 or so. Lately it seems to be fluctuating alot. After having my son, that first month I was the happiest I could ever remember being. And now, some days I just don't want to get out of bed or do anything, but I know that I have to. It makes me feel like a bad mom, to be honest. I feel like simply having him should make me happier. I'm married, we married this past May. We were TTC for a year and 1/2 before I got pregnant. I've struggled off and on with cutting, the last time was right before I found out I was pregnant. 

• tameme2012
    October 10, 2012 at 9:18 PM

Hi All, 

I'm Rena and I joined the group about a month ago but just bought a computer.

I have been depressed since I was about 18. I dont know if it has anything to do with the fact that I was molested for four years from age9-13 by my stepdad. Or the fact that my mother stayed married to him until three years ago. There seems to be a multitude of reasons and I just want to be happy. I am on effexor xr and remeron ambien and atarax thats the up to date coctail. Nothing else works years ago I took a bipolar med and within a week felt wonderful it was symbyax but the weight gain was unreal.  Well I look forward to talking to you all

• OnlyAmanda
    October 11, 2012 at 12:41 AM

Greetings Ladies :) My name is Amanda, I'm 32 years old. I am happily married to my second (And LAST husband!), Ryan. I have two children who are 12 and 11. They do not live with me, they are adopted and it is an open adoption... they know who I am, get to see me and spend time with me. I also have two teen step sons who live in New Jersey. I live in MN. I have a puppy named Gypsy. She is Pomadoodle. (Mom was Toy Poodle and Father was Pom and a little Chow) 

I have a few mental health illnesses including depression, borderline personality disorder, PTSD, Anxiety, Fibromyalgia, and a few others. I have problems with my hip (one leg is shorter than the other and since it has gone unnoticed has caused a lot of bone damage in my hip I have to wear a lift in my shoe..not fun!) and hopefully I will be able to have surgery on my hip asap! I also have arthritis in my spine (lower back).

Even though I have been through DBT, Therapy, and I am on anti-depressiants I still struggle every day. I have been struggling with this since I was a teen.

Sorry that I wrote a book here lol. Thanks for having a support group.

Amanda

• Joanne232
    October 11, 2012 at 2:26 AM
    hi i'm joanne. 25 years old... im trying to conceive for almost 2 and 6 months. i was diagnosed with PCOS. i don't know when is the time for me to be a mother.. i'm so depressed... any body here who undergo the same problem?
  • Pink_Love
    October 12, 2012 at 9:35 AM
    I'm Lyv. I'm 26 from Texas been married to my hs sweetheart for 7 years, we have 3 kids our girls are Dallas (6), Sierra (4), and our Son is Hunter (3). I have had depression for years. There is so many things I can say that has lead up to my depression, but I know you don't want a biography. Recently anxiety has been added to the depression. It gets to the point I can't leave my room, I shake so bad I can't drink a glass of water, my throat won't let me swallow, all I can do is cry because of how scared it makes me. My depression set in really bad not long after July 20, 2012 when my dad passed away from cancer. Anyways, this is just a touch of the iceburg known as my hell.
  • deamonlove1214
    October 17, 2012 at 9:56 PM

Hello, My name is Erica and Im 20(counting down the days till im 21). Im happly engadge to my wonderful fieance who is also the father of our 6mnth old little girl. While i was preagnat with her i was diagnosed with MDD. I was put straight on Zoloft 25mg and it help alot, after having her the doc lowered it to 15mg as i tryed to breastfeed my girl(that is a totaly different story to tell some one). Here latly im having the same symptoms as i did when I was pregant, Talked with my doc about switching to different meds and she said it would not help with my case. Anybody got any ideas on what i should do.

• alysonjayy
    October 18, 2012 at 12:37 PM
    Names Alyson. 20 years old. 21 weeks and 3 days pregnant with a little girl. Thats basically all I have to be happy about. Spend most of my time home alone, boyfriend works a lot. Being alone with nothing to do definitely doesnt help with the depression Ive had for years. I really dont remember ever not being miserable.

Depression Support Center

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts