Depression Support Center

Cafe Kelly
Welcome to Depression Support Center! Please introduce yourself.....
February 16, 2012 at 4:35 PM

welcomeWelcome to Depression Support Center!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you talking with other moms.

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would anyone like their 1st name added to their posts?

Here are some group signatures that you can add to your posts:
Depression Support Center Group Signatures!

Check put some of these great posts in the group!

Share Your Best Mood Boosters!

Where to Turn for Help

Daily Check-In  

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to have a great time in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

teaMake yourself at home, relax and enjoy the group!

Replies

• Blackroses137
    January 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM
    Thanks :) its nice to meet you Rho. I'm glad I'm not the only one that feels the way that I do.

Quoting rhodaj:

Hi Angie, Welcome to the group. I am Rho. I understand what you are saying. My whole thing is take it a minute at a time if you have to,to get through the day

Quoting Blackroses137:

Hi my name is Angie, I suffer from depression. I see a therapist once every two weeks. I also take anti-depressents. I think that I have come a long way, but I have a lot more to get through. I need to change the way that I see myself, and that's what I've been trying to do. Some days are better than others. Some minutes are better than others. It can be really difficult, but I'm trying to be strong and not give up on getting better. I wish you all the best.

• mlops
    by mlops
    January 16, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Hi, I am new to the site in general. I am a mom, grandmom and wife, sister, ect...! I am at home mom right now. Not technically by choice. I would like to get to know as many of you as I can. Please hang in there with me as I learn. 

• megan91
    by megan91
    January 17, 2013 at 12:37 AM
    Hello all. My name is Megan and i have tons of issues...not as many as some of the moms on here but issues. I havent been to a doctor simply because i dont have the funds. I am currently unemployed but my fiance is working. The reason for me being unemployed is because of my background. I am only human and made a mistake two years ago. I was caught shoplifting baby clothes for my son because i was out of a job after i had him...litterally two weeks after. His birth was hard on my body and i was in pain for atleast a month. I worked up until the day i had him and while i was working i had to pay all the bills when i was living with my mom. She wasnt working at the time so i was supporting myself, her, my 16 year old brother and his friends when they came over. I was working full time at minimum wage so i had nothing but a few pieces of clothing. I would have gone to dhs but i didnt have a vehicle and still dont. Since then i got food stamps and medicaid for him and i....but my fiance and i moved away and live on our own. i just recently went through rough times and got pregnant again and ended up giving him up for adoption. The last thing we could afford was another child. He was born on november 19, 2012. A beautiful baby boy. I let things get to me way too easily and when my fiance and i argue, even with the little things, i end up getting so amped up that i black out and started hitting him...when i mean hit i mean punch him in the face. Im scared that im going to lose him because of it and that would break my heart. I feel like i have always had bipolar disorder and anxiety. I have locked my self in the bathroom and had panic attacks...especially recently. I dont know what to do but i need to do something so i can be strong for my son and not put him through even a little bit lf what i went through when i was a little girl. Can anybody give me any kind of advice on how to deal with my anger or anxiety? I feel like i cant be happy no matter what happens...
  • mylife436
    February 13, 2013 at 10:42 AM

hello,Im Paula 47. Dealing with  my daughter and depression,Lookin for others that deal with it

• Paradisehue2
    May 7, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I am a Mom of 3. My son is 9 1/2, daughter is 14 and step daughter is 13 1/2. I work full time. Here lately I feel like I am on the edge and getting ready to get tipped over. I don't feel like anyone understands me. I work full time. Between work and home I feel like all buttons have been pushed and stayed in.

My kids don't see me as an emotional or happy person. My son will tell you that something has to be really funny in order for me to laugh at. My daughter is planning her 8th grade graduation song. At first she wanted me to listen to it, then she said, "Well you aren't really the type to cry". So, I have screwed up and I don't know how to fix it.

I don't know what it takes for me to be happy. The kids only see me as the Mom that is always in a hurry - gotta get to one of their events.

I cry all of the way to work most mornings. 

Depression Support Center

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts