Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

iSMILEheCRIES
God did this
April 9 at 9:28 AM
I don't want to start a religious debate but I have given a lot of thought to prayer and God's will. On Gemma's page people say they are praying for a miracle. I truly believe in miracles but I also believe God made my daughter this way for a reason. So why would He fix what He "broke". I believe occasionally He does preform miracles to show us God is good and powerful but in most situations I believe He makes special babies for a special reason. So I save most of my prayers for what I consider practical things, I pray she is comfortable and knows our love and I pray she can nurse til the end of her beautiful life.

I also feel the same about my losses. God gave me angels for a reason. I may question Him but I'm not angry.

What is your take on God and miracles and how that plays into loss?

Replies

• Dannimarie418
    April 9 at 9:36 AM
    I blamed him and was so mad at him. Instead of praying, for awhile I told him I was mad at him. Since I found some peace with it, I pray everyday that he will bless me with my rainbow. I don't think I've prayed this much my whole life! Hoping it helps!
  • chicaespana2003
    April 9 at 9:41 AM

I understand that God does things for his own reasons. Exactly why he does them, I don't know.

Miracles can happen, but only if it is His will for them to happen.

We can want for a miracle to happen, and we can ask, pray, plead, cry that He make everything better, but the understanding that it is His will reminds me that we leave it in his hands to do whatever we ask of him.

I've prayed for Gemma, asking God that she be comfortable and that you and your family are able to enjoy every day with her. I also ask, if it is His will, that he... allow her to live a happier life.

Deep down I want so badly for the miracle that she lives a full and wonderful life and has no further impact with her disease, but I have relinquished that request to God. If it is His will that she survive, than He will allow it.

It is difficult to accept if His will is not what we ask of him.

• akrogers13
    April 9 at 9:47 AM
    I felt this very same way which is what helped me heal so quickly. I still get a sad moment, but I was never angry at God. I blamed myself for a while thinking there was something I could have done differently.. but I know that's not true. I have pretty good intuition. I knew I would get pregnant when I did and as soon as I got the positive test I knew something ess wrong. I didn't pray and beg God to give me this child, but my prayers were more towards bringing me comfort in whatever his will would be! I knew I was going to Miscarry at the end and I prayed that if it was his will to make it a quick thing and not a long drawn out process... it's only been 3 1/2 weeks, but I feel while again. I don't feel like a part of me is missing per say, but more that I have a piece already waiting in heaven.. I think my faith is what really kept me from falling apart! And has even grown stronger over this time!

Quoting iSMILEheCRIES: I don't want to start a religious debate but I have given a lot of thought to prayer and God's will. On Gemma's page people say they are praying for a miracle. I truly believe in miracles but I also believe God made my daughter this way for a reason. So why would He fix what He "broke". I believe occasionally He does preform miracles to show us God is good and powerful but in most situations I believe He makes special babies for a special reason. So I save most of my prayers for what I consider practical things, I pray she is comfortable and knows our love and I pray she can nurse til the end of her beautiful life.

I also feel the same about my losses. God gave me angels for a reason. I may question Him but I'm not angry.

What is your take on God and miracles and how that plays into loss?
  • akrogers13
    April 9 at 9:49 AM
    Keep praying and keep patient! He hears every prayer, but answers our prayers when they are meant to be answered!

Quoting Dannimarie418: I blamed him and was so mad at him. Instead of praying, for awhile I told him I was mad at him. Since I found some peace with it, I pray everyday that he will bless me with my rainbow. I don't think I've prayed this much my whole life! Hoping it helps!
  • ambcortez
    April 9 at 10:09 AM

I feel like I've been tricked. I'm not very into religion as I used to be, but I prayed for that baby to stick and it did. Then suddenly, it was just gone. Why bother letting me have those few weeks if they were just going to get snatched away? It's heartbreakingly unfair.

• akrogers13
    April 9 at 10:19 AM
    I felt this same way. I even said it out loud to dh.. once I said it I felt sick to my stomach. I couldn't believe I had said that! We all go thru trials in life. You can let it strengthen our weaken your relationship with God. Take all the time u need. Pray for comfort and strength! I'm so sorry u are going thru this right now! I pray for you ladies every day to have peace in your hearts! Big ((hugs))!!!!!!!

Quoting ambcortez:

I feel like I've been tricked. I'm not very into religion as I used to be, but I prayed for that baby to stick and it did. Then suddenly, it was just gone. Why bother letting me have those few weeks if they were just going to get snatched away? It's heartbreakingly unfair.

• MJones23
    April 9 at 10:39 AM

When my cousin's 4-year-old little boy was fighting for his life (stage 4 brain tumor), people told her that God would only heal him "if she prayed hard enough" and "had enough faith." Well, her son passed away not long after that. He died in her arms. The last thing she said to him was, "Dustyn, it's OK if you need to go. Mama will be right behind you, I promise." I think it took much more faith for her to speak those words to him than any prayer she prayed while he was fighting for his life. So, I found the concept of God's healing/miracles being dependent upon a human being's faith to be completely ridiculous. I am of the belief that prayer changes us much more than anything (or anyone) else. Keep doing what you're doing. Enjoy every moment with your little girl and know that that is your greatest responsibility and accomplishment as her mother. *Hugs*

• funhappymom
    April 9 at 10:40 AM

I don't think it hurts anything to ask for a miracle and healing. He wants to know what our heart desires but we must know that sometimes what we want isn't in his plan. Sometimes healing can only happen through death on earth. It's a very hard concept for most, myself included, but God's plan is best.

Our sermon this week was on Paul and all that he dealt with-the beatings, arrests, bullying, etc and how he still praised God even in the hard times. He surrendered his life to God, knowing that God had it all worked out. Surrendering is something that I've had a hard time doing with so many things. It took me awhile to surrender my losses and to know that my babies are where it's perfect and beautiful and they're praising God right now.

(((HUGS)))

• blessedmommie07
    April 9 at 11:01 AM

That is exactly how I felt with Isabelle. I wasn't angry at God at all. And I did upset people when they told me they would pray for a miracle after  Isabelle's diagnosis and I told them no, don't. I too thought she was given to me for a reason and she was perfect with her Anencephaly. All I prayed for was time because I just knew she was only needed in our life fore a brief moment. 

• iSMILEheCRIES
    April 9 at 11:11 AM
    Yes! Prayer is for us, God knows what's in our heart

Quoting MJones23:

When my cousin's 4-year-old little boy was fighting for his life (stage 4 brain tumor), people told her that God would only heal him "if she prayed hard enough" and "had enough faith." Well, her son passed away not long after that. He died in her arms. The last thing she said to him was, "Dustyn, it's OK if you need to go. Mama will be right behind you, I promise." I think it took much more faith for her to speak those words to him than any prayer she prayed while he was fighting for his life. So, I found the concept of God's healing/miracles being dependent upon a human being's faith to be completely ridiculous. I am of the belief that prayer changes us much more than anything (or anyone) else. Keep doing what you're doing. Enjoy every moment with your little girl and know that that is your greatest responsibility and accomplishment as her mother. *Hugs*

Miscarriage and Pregnancy Loss Support

Active Posts in All Groups
More Active Posts
Featured Posts in All Groups
More Featured Posts
close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN